Following the Stinky Gray Man

"You go first." Guinevere muttered as she slowed down walking to let Gusion lead.

But Gusion also slowed down and looked at her over his shoulder. "You go first."

She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Could you please just be a man for once?"

"Where's your relentlessness when I need it the most?" He hushed.

She glanced ahead and saw that the person they were following was getting too far away, and she hastily pushed Gusion to move them both forward.

He had this pale, lifeless skin and dead green eyes. He had a staff in his right hand with a glowing green stone that seemed to be the only thing alive in him.

He was skin and bones and he stunk like a hundred mice died under his red, ragged and filthy cloak.

They had been following the weird person for about a couple of hours, hoping he could lead them to the tunnels' exit.

But all he did was wander around, muttering indistinctly and chuckling every now and then. He never even looked back, which was much to Gusion and Guinevere's advantage.

"Don't push me. He creeps the hell out of me." Gusion said over his shoulder as he leaned back, letting Guinevere do all the pushing to move him forward.

"Could you just walk!"

"He stinks." Gusion complain, crinkling his nose.

Guinevere smelled it, too, but her nose was starting to get used to it in the two full hours of smelling it.

"I know. But he might be our only chance for survival."

"How could he?" He gestures a hand at the person. "He seems to be not surviving himself."

"Ugh!" She straightened up and stepped away from Gusion's back, making him fall off balance into the ground.

"Ow." He mouthed soundlessly.

She looked down on him. "Are you planning to live here and eventually end up like him?" She gestured the man's direction.

Gusion sighed and got up. "We don't even know if he's just leading us into something worse."

"Then what do you suggest? That we wander aimlessly around this tunnel that seems to branch out in every direction?"

Gusion sighed, reluctant. "Fine. Stay close." He said and finally led the way.

She feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand on ends, and she instinctively walked faster to grab Gusion's elbow as she felt a chill run down her spine.

"What is it now?" Gusion asked. looking at her with arched brows.

She scanned the empty tunnel that they had came from. "Don't you feel like someone's looking at us from behind?"

"Don't make everything creepier as it is, Guinevere."

She faced him. "But I swear I could feel something."

He was about to argue when the man ahead chuckled again, making both of them flinch and turn to his direction.

He disappeared into another tunnel.

"I swear to heavens, I would kill that man just because of his laughter." Gusion seethed.

"Let's just keep going." Guinevere suggested.

But they came into the tunnel where the man was when he halted and gasped.

"No. No no no no no no no!!!!!!" He suddenly bellowed so loud the tunnel's walls tremble.