Wake up, Rafaela

"Guinevere. Gusion." Alucard's voice woke Guinevere to consciousness.

She opened her eyes only to realize she was leaning her head against Gusion's shoulder while he had his face on the top of her tilted head.

It seemed like he had just woke up as well for he had just lifted his head off hers and was frowning as he blinked his eyes to clear his vision.

Granger was already on the coachman's bench of the carriage, looking at them with a crease in his forehead.

Miya and Lesley were already awake and was heading towards the carriage.

"Let's go." Alucard said and followed the others.

She hurried towards the carriage, Gusion following after.

She pulled the carriage door and was about to climb up, but she suddenly stiffened and backed up at the sight that greeted her inside.

Miya and Lesley were sitting at one side of the carriage, across each other. But it wasn't what startled her.

It was that Faramis was at the floor, curled up in a reluctant ball with chains wrapped around her wrists and ankles.

He managed to glare sharply at her even at his difficult position.

Anger fired up inside her.

"Get in." Miya urged.

Guinevere climbed up the carriage and settled right next to Miya, deliberately stepping on Faramis' leg in the process.

"All settled?" Alucard asked as he peered through the peering window as soon as Gusion had sat across Guinevere.

"Yes. Let's go."

The carriage started moving.

Guinevere glanced at each of her companions. They looked ragged and exhausted, but there was also a certain glint in their eyes that let her knew they were still determined to do their cause.

"Are you alright?" Lesley checked on Gusion as she looked at his form.

She looked a mess herself. Her long red hair had a lot of strands escaping their braid, and her blue trench coat was stained with blood. But her blue eyes looked concerned towards the guy next to her than her own self.

Gusion nodded assuringly. "What about you?"

"I'm fine now." She answered.

"Granger did a lot back there." Miya joined in, but Guinevere got intrigued at Lesley's expression that she kept staring at her.

She looked unconvinced at Gusion's response as she stared at the torn collar of his vest down to the missing gloves in his hand.

Then Lesley's eyes fell on her hands before looking up at her face, their eyes accidentally meeting.

Guinevere arched her brows and followed where Lesley had just looked.

Only then did she remember that she had the pair of Gusion's gloves, and she slid her gloved hand through the slits of her skirt as if she had just been caught stealing.

"I apologize firsthand, but I really have to say this to the both of you." Miya said, glancing from Guinevere to Gusion.

Both of them looked at him questioningly.

"Your perseverance is astonishing, really. But there are times when those brave advancements could just turn out as a stupid mistake."

Guinevere wasn't liking the sound of it, and she frowned at Miya. "What are you trying to say?"