CHAPTER 10:- TRUST ISSUES

JUVIA'S POV

As soon as those words left Gray's mouth, the world around me stopped. When I looked at him, his eyes were speaking on his behalf.

From that, I knew his confession was honest. The inner high school girl was somersaulting as her wish came true.

All along her intuition was right, Gray-sama indeed loved her no still loves her.

What seemed like a fraction of second for me was a few minutes for Gray-sama.

"Juvia"

The way my name sounded against his lips brought me back to reality. And I kept staring at him, unbelievable of what he said.

"What do you say? Can we start all over again?" Gray-sama asked in a soft voice.

Before I could exclaim 'Yes, Juvia has never lost her feelings for Gray-sama'.

Memories of the break-up scene appeared in front of my eyes.

The tears which were stopped for a few seconds began to flow hardly.

"Hey, Are you alright, Juvia? Say something... Did I hurt you that much that you are hesitating to tell me no right on my face?" Gray-sama began to panic.

I got free from his hug and stood up. Seeing me even he did the same and was expectantly waiting for my answer.

"Juvia can't. She can't just come back into your life after all the things happened between us. She simply can't forget it as if nothing happened.
Moreover, there's another person involved in this. Gray, you should think about her as well?" I told him in a serious tone.

That's when Gray-sama unveiled his wedding was called off due to his fiancee's sudden request.

"So, Dianna is not involved in this matter. It's just you and me, Juvia. I know a simple apology won't suffice for the pain I caused. But I do have my reasons and it was solely to protect you, my dolphin."

Gray-sama said as he placed his hands on my shoulders and gently squeezed it.

"Oh, you still remember Juvia's nickname?" I turned around to face him.

He smiled just like the time he confessed his love for me at the camping trip in our second year of high school.

"I never tried to forget that as I was the one who named it for my girl." His comment made me blush while he simply smiled and kept looking at me for my answer.

"Gray, you were right. Juvia never wanted to see you another girl until the day she's alive.
Of course, that day, at Lyon-san's wedding, Juvia was literally shattered and many unwanted thoughts crept on her mind.
Luckily, Juvia still was brave enough to confront once again before succumbing to fate.
But that didn't mean she wanted to ruin your happiness. Juvia wants you to be happy because you are the one who showed Juvia what happiness, friendship and love means.
She isn't cruel to snatch that happiness which you decided to have with another girl." The stinging pain began to conquer my heart which was accompanied by tears.

GRAY'S POV

As she began to open her bottled up thoughts one by one. I can empathize with the pain and suffering she's been holding onto because of me.

"The reason Juvia came back to Magnolia was to move on with her life.
She thought maybe if Juvia indeed feels and sees for real that her Gray-sama actually never loved and carried on with his life, then she can move on.
But actual that proved to be futile, as ever since Juvia talked to you again. Her love for you began to grow much more.
Even that tiny portion of Juvia's heart which held hope and faith that she might be back with her Gray-sama shattered when Juvia met your fiance at the school."