𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

"La Push baby, you in?" Eric questioned Bella as she sat down. Bella had joined the group not too long ago. She never questioned Thalia for being quiet and Thalia praised that. Today Angela had forced Thalia to sit with them since she seemed to be in a better mood today. She didn't have time to decline because she ended up sitting with them.

"Should I know what that means?" Bella questioned, she hadn't been around for too long and had no idea what Eric was saying.

"La Push beach, down at the Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow." Mike Newton explained as he popped a grape in his mouth. La Push, why did that ring a bell for Thalia? She knew of the Quileute reservation nearby along with the beach. But for some reason, it was almost as if there was a different meaning there.

Jessica's talking snapped her from her gaze. "And there's a big swell coming in," she added. Eric abruptly stood from his seat and onto the chair.

"And I don't just surf the internet," both he and Mike had stood in surfing positions as if they were already there. Thalia shook her head and Jessica proceeded to tease the boys for never being able to last. Angela pitched her own idea of whale watching, which Mike laughed at.

"It's La Push baby," Eric laughed. "Laaaaa Puuussshhhh-"

"Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that!" Bella laughed as she left to go get her lunch.

"What about you Thalia?" Eric nudged, "you interested in coming?" Thalia looked up from her food.

"Nah, I'm thinking I got some school work to catch up on. Sorry guys," she added before focusing back on her food. The group knew that this had been a lie. For some reason, Thalia never really seemed to bother hanging with people outside of school. She'd much rather be by herself than with a group of people. The group let it go, however, not wanting to push her to do anything. Their attention had already fixated on Bella, who was talking to Edward?

Thalia had yet to care as to why the whole school had been obsessed with the Cullens. What was the big deal? So yeah they are beautiful human beings? Anything else besides the fact that they date each other? As soon as the lunch bell rang, Thalia was quick to leave for her next class. She wasn't ready to be drowned by the guy's obsession with Bella. When she went to pull her lock, her locker simply wouldn't open. She cursed as she made another attempt to put in the code, nothing. Ugh, you can't be serious! After several more attempts and lots of cursing, there was still no luck. Thalia cursed when she heard the second bell ring, great there's her call home.

"Need some help?" A voice behind her had startled her. It was none other than Emmett Cullen.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" she questioned and he held up the bathroom pass in his hand and smirked.

"Locker trouble," he glanced at her locker, then at her. "Mind if I-"

"Go ahead," she knew that he was referring to the locker. "Good luck with that." Within seconds, the broad Cullen had managed to yank her locker open. She stood there stunned. "How did you- but I-" she stumbled over her words before finally pushing out a thank you. The Cullen boy nodded before walking back to his class. After collecting herself, Thalia grabbed her books before walking off to her class.

Her teacher knew who it was as soon as the door swung open. "Late again Call?" he shook his head. "I suppose I told you last time what would happen if you-" she cut him off.

"Well, sir actually I-" Thalia struggled with her explanation.

"It wasn't her fault sir." The voice behind her made her internal jump. Didn't he just walk off to class?

"Mister Cullen," the teacher greeted, "how so?"

"Simple locker issues sir." Emmett leaned in the doorway and held his hands up in defense. "I had to help her get it open. All good though." Thalia grumbled, she knew that she would have to thank the boy later for backing her up.

"Well, I suppose I'll let it slide." Thalia sighed in relief when the words left his mouth. "Mister Cullen, you may head back to class. Ms. Call, please take your seat." Thalia nodded and went to take her seat beside Jasper. When she sat down the blonde vampire couldn't help but notice something. Sure, the girl was in a much better mood, however, her emotional pain level had not subsided. Jasper didn't bother trying to make conversation since she was clearly uninterested. He pushed aside his thoughts to focus on the lesson.

+

The day was Saturday and Thalia had gotten into a pretty ugly fight with her parents. Her mother had felt the need to scold her about her recent so-called "attitude." Tyler had tried his best to defend his daughter but ended up arguing with his wife instead.

"I'm telling you, dear, she is out of control!" her mother practically squealed. Thalia had had enough, she couldn't stand the fighting. She rushed upstairs to her room and locked the door behind her. She threw one of her books across her room and let out a sigh.

Ugh! Why must she pick a fight about everything! So what, Thalia wasn't her perfect image of a daughter. It wasn't her fault. She took out one of her notebooks and pulled a chair by her window. The weather wasn't the most pleasant that day. The clouds covered the sky like a thick blanket and rain was rolling in fairly quickly. Thalia didn't know why her classmates had insisted that she go to the beach with them the day before. The weather sucked, although the more she thought about it, the more she questioned taking the offer. For all she knew, she would be stuck in her room for the rest of the day to avoid fighting. She looked at the time, it was nearly 4:30 p.m. Thalia knew that they planned to go around 2. She decided to wait until 5:00 to go. She wanted to avoid them as best as possible because she didn't want them to see that she changed her mind.

5 o'clock rolled around and Thalia could still hear her parents bickering. How long can they go on for? She decided that sneaking out the window would be much easier to avoid her mother's evil glare. She slid on some shoes and a light jacket before sliding her window open and crawling out. She knew that it would probably rain by the time she had returned so she would have to enter through the front door. She shut the window before climbing down the side of the house, getting into her car, and driving down to La Push.