𝘵𝘦𝘯

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING! THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS DEATH, SUCIDE ATTEMPT, AND SELF HARM! SKIP IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE!

It was the week of the funeral. Jaine had been so busy with the arrangements that she hadn't been paying attention to her daughter, which Thalia was somewhat grateful for. Although she couldn't help but wonder why her mother hadn't witnessed her own kid fall apart right in front of her. Not once since Tyler's death had Jaine asked how her daughter was holding up, if she was even okay. She was too focused on the funeral arrangements and the publicity of things.

Thalia put on her outfit for the funeral. Just a simple short black dress to fit her mother's standards. As she checked herself in the mirror, Thalia was tempted to grab her phone off her nightstand but she stopped herself. She had not touched her phone since the night of his death two weeks ago. She could bear to see all of the messages and missed calls, it would like a taunting reminder of the night her world had stopped. After fixing her hair a little more, she grabbed her small purse and walked down the stairs. Her mother was standing at the front door waiting. She sighed to approve Thalia's appearance before they got into the car and drove to the funeral home.

Thalia had to stand at the door for two hours and she simply couldn't stand it. Though she was surprised by all the people that had shown, it was like people constantly reminding her of her father's passing with all the "I'm so sorry," and "he's in a better place now," crap. Janie had invited members of the Quileute tribe. Thalia didn't know why but she assumed it was like a thank you for finding him. Sam was the first to greet her. He gave her a small hug and Thalia thanked him for finding Tyler. He gave her a small nod before walking off to greet other family members. The next in line came up to her and shook her hand.

"Quil Ateara," he spoke as Thalia reached out to shake his hand, she paused for a moment, glancing at his face. Quil, that name rings a bell but where from?

"Thalia Call," she finally spoke.

"I'm a friend of Sam and Jared's. I'm really sorry for your loss," he sighed.

"Thank you for coming," she smiled weakly before Quil moved onto the next person. The last Quileute boy to greet her was none other than Jared Cameron. Her face lit up. She was thankful that he could come. He hugged her really tight but she could care less, she just needed her best friend.

"You pulling through okay Thalia?" he asked, pulling away. Thalia gave him the slightest nod, she was glad that he cared enough to even ask, unlike some people. Jared gave her a reassuring smile before having to greet her mother.

Tears fell onto her paper as she read the speech on the crumpled paper in her hands. The service was outside since the day was finally hot. Thalia right at the top of her father's closed casket as she read her eulogy. The way to sum it up is she had said that he had always been bright and grateful for everything in his surroundings. That he enjoyed spending time with his daughter and watching her grow up. She was able to keep herself from breaking down sobbing until the service was over. They lowered the casket into the ground and everyone began to say goodbye to guests. By the time the service had ended, dark clouds filled the skies. Great, rain was all she needed. After promising her father annual visits, she got into the passenger side of her mom's car and they drove back home.

Weeks went by, Thalia had managed to trap herself in her own little bubble. Time seemed to be moving slower lately. Thalia spoke to no one and no one spoke to her in fact, no one had even tried to sit with her at lunch. Her friends knew that no matter what they said or did, nothing would help and she was grateful for that. Her brain became fogged and her mind had started to wander. Since she had weaned herself off of her meds, her mood had not been the greatest. For, she was always sad and she barely paid attention in class anymore. Her grades had been suffering as well. Not even her seat buddy Jasper, who had once spoken to her a lot, didn't even say a word. He was absent most of the time though. Since it was sunny, Dr. Cullen would take his insect family on hiking trips or camping.

+

Today was the day, a decision seemed so clear, so obvious. It would be a permanent solution in the long run but that didn't matter at this point. Any signs of meds had completely left her system. Her mother wouldn't notice, right? It's not like she seemed to care anyway. To Thalia, it almost seems like Tyler was never in her life. About a week after the funeral Janie went back to her normal self, self-centered, complaining about Thalia not being perfect. The many times they argued were a complete blur to her. It was just the same old nonsense about her grades slipping. Not once did Janie seem to realize how much Tyler's death took a toll on her daughter. She preferred not to dwell on it and move past that.

As for Thalia, her choice was clear, she had everything planned except for one thing, would she leave a note in apology for her actions? Those who cared deserved to know after all. She later decided that leaving a note would be pointless besides, she wouldn't be able to handle saying a final goodbye. She looked at the bottle of meds on her nightstand then calculated the time. She would have enough time. Without giving herself time to think about a second option, Thalia unscrewed the bottlecap and dry-swallowed the rest of the pills in the bottle. There wasn't a whole lot of them but it was enough. She took a big drink of water to try and ease them down better. Thalia wouldn't feel the effects until a few hours had passed so she grabbed her phone and slipped it into her pocket before heading downstairs and grabbing her keys.

"And where are you going?" her mother questioned as her hand reached for the doorknob. Thalia turned around to see Janie standing in the foyer with her arms crossed. The only time her mother spoke to her was when she felt the need to scold her so she knew nothing good was going to come out of this.

"Out," Thalia spoke, turning the handle and Janie stopped her before she could walk out.

"Out, hmm, and where might that be?" Thalia was growing impatient with her mother and she wanted to get out quick enough before the effects kicked in.

"Bookstore, coffeehouse, La Push? I don't know!" Thalia began to grow smart with her mother. Lying to her was a piece of cake for she felt no guilt about it.

"Oh, no, you will not be going there?" Janie took a step closer to Thalia.

"I can and I will," the anger in her voice rose. Janie was oblivious to the fact that her teenage daughter could transform into a giant puffball when angered, and Thalia had hoped to keep it that way. She did her best and managed to calm herself before she got too out of hand.

"Would you like to explain to me why you missed school on Thursday?" Thalia knew she had gotten the call that day but she had yet to bring it up until now.

"That's none of your business," she growled.

"It is because I am your-"

"Don't you even finish that sentence." her abrupt back sass seemed to have caught Janie off guard. "Sure you are the one who birthed me but that doesn't make you my mother. You have never bothered to listen or to love me! You are not dad! So stop trying to be." If words caused physical pain, then Jaine would have been knocked straight onto her ass. She couldn't believe what her daughter was saying. Before she could come up with a clever response, Thalia shoved past Jaine and to her car. The woman didn't bother stopping her, she knew deep down that her daughter had made a point. Besides, she would come back, she always did.