Chapter 27: Only Then

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Jieun is standing by the vending machine when she gets a text from Rowoon.

Rowoon: Hey, about the movie thing, are you free this Friday?

Jieun: Yeah I guess.

As she bends down to get her drink, her phone vibrates to signal a call; Rowoon.

"Hey! How are you?" Rowoon gently speaks.

"I'm great, just about to head in to practice."

"So you mentioned you're free then but I just didn't want you to think it's a date. I promised to not pressure you at all. I just don't want you getting the wrong idea. How about you invite someone so you wouldn't be uncomfortable?" Rowoon rambles as though he's being chased.

She laughs out loud rather hysterically.

"Jieun! Are you ok?" Rowoon asks bewildered by her sudden laughter.

"I- I am good. " She laughs more. "But sure! I'll see who I can invite. And just for the record, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable around you." She assures him.

"great, I will meet you then! "

Gulping down half of her drink, she heads to the practice room when she is stopped mid track by the pair standing on the doorway.

"You forgot this the other day when you came over." Heejin chuckled as she hands Jungkook the beanie he left behind at their house.

Seeming to recall, Jungkook thanks her dearly, saying he's been looking for it.

He was first to notice a figure looming behind Heejin, Lee Jieun. Remembering their yesterday endeavors and how mad he still is, Jungkook finds him self involuntary asking.

"Are you free this weekend? I want to thankyou for this because its my favorite beanie." Jieun clearly heard what he said. Quickly burying the jolt of pain she felt when Heejin accepted his offer, she bows to them and walks in to the practice Room.

—-

"Hey I'm outside." I call Heejin as I stand by their gate.

A few minutes later, Heejin walks out with Rowoon right behind her. He looks dressed up to go out too.

"Hello." I politely greet him.

"How you doin' ?" He smiles as he shoves his hands into his jeans.

"Good you?"

"Ok I don't mean to make this all awkward but where will you be hanging out?" He laughs casually.

"I thought of watching a movie and then go eat something. If that's cool with Heejin." Heejin happily goes with the plan.

"Really? We too are going to watch a movie!" Rowoon exclaims.

Heejin reading the confusion on my face, says, "He's meeting Jieun!" Heejin who seems a tad excited and happy for her brother smiles brightly.

"Yeah. If you're heading there too, let's just go together?"

—-

Jungkook spots her first. It's like he didn't have to search for her, instead but be pulled towards her . There she is standing by the huge screen showcasing the movies playing tonight.

Holding his eager self to not just walk right up to her, he fists his hand and breathes deeply.

"Oh there she is! Lee Jieun!" Heejin waves as she runs up to her.