The Estate

Cosmo POV

We pull up to a house, a GIANT house with white pillars and red brick. Looks like an older style house, not that I'm complaining, history is fascinating. Although history class I'd rather pass. . . Mr.Hanklin is rather mean when it comes to teaching. Then again, most of my teachers are. I shuffle out of the car and into the house, not bothering to see if I left anything because I didn't bring anything. Hayley and I were given a short tour before Elijah pulled Hayley down the hall for something. I shrugged, going to explore outside the house.

THEY HAVE A POOL!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to see they had a pool. Back when I was in a swim team, I was nicknamed 'Guppy' because I was the fastest swimmer and could stay under water for five or more minutes at a time. I haven't gotten the opportunity to rejoin a swim team since last summer when my mom died. I shook the sad thoughts away, focusing on the teal blue of the water.

Dipping my feet into the water, a voice from behind me, startled me. "What are you doing out here, love?" A British voice asked. I looked over my shoulder to see the blonde, staring curiously at me. I shrugged a response, "Exploring." He chuckled slightly. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of being aquatinted. My name is Niklaus Mikaelson." "Cosmo Quinn." I replied, watching my feet as I swirled them around the pool. "Beautiful name." He complimented. I nodded, piercing my lips slightly. I think I'll wanna go clothes shopping later, get some swimsuits and maybe, actual clothes too.

"What are you thinking about, love?" Niklaus asked from beside me. I jumped slightly before answering him, "I'm gonna have to go clothes shopping later, get some swimsuits and you know, actual clothes. Pretty much lost everything I owned when those women kidnapped us." I huffed. He hummed from beside me, staring intently at my face. "What?" I finally asked, confused and slightly annoyed at his staring. "What?" He asked confused. "Why are you staring at me?" I replied, looking in his deep blue eyes. He just smiled slightly, stood and went back inside. Great way to avoid a question I guess. Also very rude.

After an hour or so of sitting on the side of the pool, I got up and headed inside, my hunger finally getting to me. Looking in the fridge, there was little to no actual food in there, next I checked the cabinets, same deal. It seemed like the only actual food in the kitchen was the bowl of apples. I shrugged, taking a bite out of one. Thinking over everything that's happened in the past few days, I didn't notice someone walk in. "Are you the maid?" A blonde woman asked me. I narrowed my eyes at here, huffing slightly. "No." I replied bluntly, continuing to eat my apple. "Oh, your the teenager I can't tell anything, okay." She stated, confusingly. I just continued to eat my apple. "I'm Rebekah. Rebekah Mikaelson." "Cosmo Quinn." I replied, halfway done with my fruit. Walking over to a drawer, I looked for a pencil/pen and paper, to start a much needed shopping list. The only thing I still have that's mine, is my phone, so I don't need a recipe book, but we do need food. Sketching down all the needed food items, I continued eating my apple. When I considered the list done, I hung it on the fridge with a magnet and disposed of my apple core.

Yawning, I trudged up the steps to the room Elijah said I could use. Once I actually made it to the room, I practically collapsed on the bed, not bothering to change into anything more comfortable. And with that, I was out like a light.

___
648 words
*Unedited*