The Uzumaki

Naruto couldn't believe that he didn't recognise the Second Hokage when he rescued him from the angry barbeque guy. He had been seeing that giant face along with the other three Hokage, for as long as he could remember.

Of course, he hadn't expected to actually meet the Second considering that he had died like a million years ago. Neither had anybody else. It was really funny, seeing everyone's faces at the Hokage inauguration. It would be even funnier if the Shodaime came back from dead next and demanded his hat back. Of course it would make Naruro's ambition of becoming Hokage a thousand times harder, so he didn't actually want it to happen. Maybe he if could return only for a day or two.....

Naruto's musings were interupted by a knock at his door. He opened the door, wondering who it could be, only to come face to face with a very pretty dark haired woman with big eyes. She was smiling at him, which was unusual because people didn't smile at Naruto.

His observation of the pretty woman was cut short by an exclaimation of "Dobe!" in a familiar voice. Uchiha Sasuke was standing beside the pretty woman.

"Teme." Naruto replied, as the woman, who must be Sasuke's mother scolded him. "Sasuke, language!"

"But Kaa-san..." The teme protested.

"No, buts. Is that how you'll greet your new brother?" She cut him off, before turning to a confused Naruto. "Naruto-kun, My name is Uchiha Mikoto. I was good friends with your mother, before she died. I would like to take care of you as your son, now that Niidaime-sama was approved of my request to adopt you."

Naruto simply stared at her for a few seconds. The words had reached his brain but perhaps something was preventing him from understanding them correctly. Because that couldn't be true, could it? Sasuke's mom couldn't want to adopt him. Maybe it was a joke?

"Is it a prank?" He asked her. "Because it's not a very good one, dattebayo."

"Oh, Naruto-kun..."

"No, it's not." Sasuke spoke up firmly, crossing his arms on his chest. "Kaa-san has been waiting for the paperwork for days. And aniki is back home preparing your room. Of course, it's not a joke. You're going to be my little brother now, I guess I'll call you outoto instead of dode. You better start calling me nii-sama."

Naruto looked at Sasuke incredulously, before glancing at his mom. She was hiding a smile behind her hand, but the kindness in her eyes was genuine.

"I'm not going to be your little brother, teme." Naruto protested, starting to believe the two of them. He knew Sasuke, even if he was a jerk, he wouldn't play such a cruel prank on Naruto. "If anything, you'll be the one calling me nii-sama. It's obvious that I'm the more awesome one."

"That's not true. And besides, you are younger than me. Aniki said so. Kaa-san, tell him." Sasuke demanded.

"It's true that Sasuke is two months older than you Naruto-kun." Mikoto-san answered.

"Phh, two months." Naruto laughed. "Two months don't matter at all."

"They do." The teme whined.

"Alright, both of you, calm down. We're here to get Naruto-kun packed and move him to our home. Not fight about the importance of two months difference in age." Mikoto-san scolded gently. "Now, get to work. It is your mission as a shinobi of Konoha. Gather and pack all of Naruto-kun's belongings."

"Won't you be helping, Kaa-san?" Sasuke asked, sending a mournful look into Naruro's dirty apartment through the open door.

"I'm a jonin, hence I'll supervise. I'll help if you encounter something you cannot handle." She answered.

"You don't have to worry about that, Sasuke's mom." Naruto announced, wearing his wildest grin ever. "There's nothing that Uzumaki Naruto can't handle."