6

★★★★★★

"Cassie..hey um...wha...what are you doing here?" I asked furrowing my brows.
"Hey..um... She stuttered, while I stood bemused and trying so hard to hide my excitement.

"Wait are you stalking me"? I asked searching her eyes and leaning against the wall. "Am I really that hot?". I folded my arms across my chest and cracked a sly smile.

She looked away and then looked at me again. "Look I didn't know you were a member of this family okay, I'm just here to...
I saw her eyes as they moved over my shoulder. I followed her surprised eyes and when it met Mercy's voluptuous figure, I cussed under my breath. Mercy sat down on the bed, crossed her legs to expose her tasty thighs and stuck her finger in between her lips.

I grimaced, not sure if I expected her to act otherwise. Besides, she was my date.
I turned to Cassie again and shrugged my shoulder feigning innocence.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you had...company, she said pouting her lips and scratching the back of her head. I struggled to hide my embarrassment as she lost her enthusiasm and suddenly seemed disappointed. I figured from the way she squeezed her mouth and fixed her gaze on her beautiful toes, she was a bit disappointed.
Maybe she had already pictured us together for the rest of the night, oops my bad.

"No no its not what it looks like, I said closing the door behind me and trying so hard to smile and be in control. "She's just a...

"Look, she cut in, I was asked to call you out for dinner okay, I'm not a stalker or whatever you think I am", she said gesturing her hands in her attempt to make her point clear. "Jesus Christ!"

"Dinner?" I asked arching my eye brow in utter confusion. "I don't get".
"Your sister...she began again before my sister's voice cut in.
"Sam!" Kate called out as she ran towards my room from the dining area.
"Sam" she called again, "dinner is ready!".

She came to a halt immediately she saw us and she scratched her head the same way Cassie did.
Do they know each other?

"Oh sorry Sam. Ummm Mum and I were busy setting the table so I sent her to call you. Um this is Cassie", she said cocking her thumb at Cassie. "And Cassie this is...

"Who is Cassie?" I cut in, throwing my hands apart and shaking my head to feign unconcern.
From the corner of my eyes, I could see Cassie looking at me in shocking disbelief. Well that's what she gets for showing up at my door, totally unannounced at my family dinner. I'm really not used to these kinds of complications.
"Do you two know each other?" I asked trying so hard to hide every hint of surprise in my voice.

"Yeah", she nodded. Cassie is my very good friend and I just found out she was lodging at the JEC so I decided to call her in to join us for dinner". "I hope you don't mind?"

"Oh I see, well go on, I'll be there in a minute. "Nice meeting you...Cassie", I said, bobbing my head at Cassie and turning the door knob.
"Kate tell mum not to forget my fruit juice", I said sternly.
"Okay Sam", Kate replied, holding a distraught Cassie by the hand and leading her away. "That's how he is, you know big bros". She turned and rolled her eyes at me.

I could taste the disbelief in Cassie's face as I closed the door behind me and grabbed my head.
Did I just pretend not to know her? Oh Sam.

I walked briskly towards the wardrobe to change into something more comfortable.

"Mercy get ready for dinner". They're waiting".
"Is it time already?" She asked turning lazily on the bed. "And who was that lady you were talking to"?
She heard the door shut behind me as a response to her question.
The only thing on my mind at the moment was Cassie. I had to come up with a good explanation for what I just did.
It's been two months since we met each other and when I finally got a chance at her, she had to see a voluptuous woman sitting half naked on my bed and to cap it all, I pretended not to know her.