six

Ananya woke up to the sound of pattering rain against the bedroom windows.

She cracked open her eyes to find herself lying on her side, her leg gently thrown over Amol's, who was sleeping on his back, facing the other side, still fast asleep. She removed her hand from under the covers as she touched his messy bed hair. He looked very different without glasses, she guessed everyone looked different without glasses. A good different though.

He stirred awake from his sleep to find Ananya staring and smiling at him. "That's not creepy at all." She laughed as she removed her hand from his hair and turned to face the ceiling, her hands coming to rest against the thick blanket over them, "Shut up." His eyes went to her hair, which was spread out above her head, probably in tangles. "How do you even comb your hair every day?"

Ananya allowed herself a big yawn, "Don't ask."

Amol rolled over to come closer to her, propping himself on his elbow as he stared at her and smiled. "I like your hair." "Thanks. I like my hair too." Ananya smiled. She turned to her other side, checking the time on the bedside alarm clock. 9 am. She felt a warm feeling wash over her when he put his arm around her bare waist, stroking her skin, and leaned forward to gently kiss a spot behind her ear. "I also like this a lot."

Her birthmark was just a tiny brown patch. He liked her tiny brown patch. She had a stupid smile on her face. "I really like your eyes." She turned around to face him, her palms finding his bare chest. "But I also really wish I had lashes as long as you do." She playfully hit him on the chest, making him laugh as his chest rumbled deliciously under her palms.

"So."

"So." She looked at him, as she leaned to give a quick kiss on the cheek.

He stared at her and raised his eyebrow, "Are you looking for anything?"

"You mean, anything other than sex?" He nodded.

She gave it a good thought and finally smiled at him and shook her head, "No, not currently. You?"

"Me neither. Not currently."

"Okay, at least we're on the same page." She sighed and yawned again. "Also, rain on Christmas Eve. That's nice, I guess."

"Rain is romantic, I agree." Amol nodded, looking at the pitter-patter against his bedroom window. "I hope it doesn't rain 2 days from now though. I have an outdoor photoshoot."

"Rain is very conducive to writing. I am planning to write all day today." Ananya mumbled, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

Ananya snuggled closer to him, making him put his arm around her to pull her closer, "I'm hungry." Amol looked at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes, and she rolled her eyes and laughed, "I'm actually hungry." Her stomach chose that exact moment to rumble which made him laugh. "We haven't had anything since dinner."

"Let's go make breakfast." She motioned for him to get up as she sat up in bed, keeping the blanket covering her chest. Her hair looked wild. He reluctantly pushed himself to sit up in bed, the blanket falling to his waist.

"First shower." His eyes drifted to her bottom lip which she was biting absentmindedly while staring at the window. His hand brushed her back as he leaned forward to place a kiss on her shoulder and then her collarbone. Ananya's eyes drifted to his lips, a smile making its way to her face as she said, "I'm really glad we met yesterday."

"I'm really glad too." 

******