Chapter 2

The moon was slowly starting to rise over the small den site Stardust stayed in with his pack. Stardust wondered now, how did the moon rise? Why did it arise? He shook his thoughts away from his head as he watched his siblings play around like pups in the distance. A month had passed since Mother had told him the story of how the world was made. In his opinion he was probably the only one of his litter that acted mature, the others acted like newborn puppies. He watched as Mother perked up her ears as his Father, who had been out all day hunting, dragged back a huge deer. His siblings stopped play fighting and ran to Father, yipping for the food. Father nuzzled Mother then dropped the carcass.

"Stardust, come and eat your father's brought deer for us," Mother called. Stardust sighed as he slowly padded over, crouching down as an Omega would, but he was mostly annoyed at the fact he couldn't sleep yet. He grabbed a chunk from one of the legs then slumped down next to the rocks and started digging into the meat. Why does this taste weirder than last time? He thought as he tore into his second bite. He didn't really like deer, but he still ate it, but this tasted even worse than the last time he'd ever had deer. As he finished the chunk he moved the bone aside and walked up to Father.

"Father? Where'd you find this deer at?" Stardust asked. His father looked at him confused, he finished chewing then replied.

"The border near the Fox Den, why?" He asked. Stardust shrugged and didn't reply.

With a full stomach, Mother led everyone inside the den. Finally... Stardust thought. Well, of course, he'd have to hear the report of the territory then he could sleep. Stardust collapsed in his nest. His sibling laid down as they watched Father stand at the mouth of the den.

"Go ahead dear, I'm sure the pups would like to hear your report!" Mother yipped sitting down. Like were pups anymore... I'm almost old enough to lead my own pack... Stardust muttered silently.

"All seems quiet, well almost, when I caught that deer I also saw a fox near the densite, I chased it off though," Father reported. Mother froze and so did he.

"A fox? What did it look like?" Mother asked with a growl hidden in her voice. All his siblings now stood up.

"It was gray, very small, blue eyes, it was a female, she looked really confused about where she was though. She froze the second she saw me, and just a leg bite was enough for her, she also dropped something, some leaves I think," Father said.

"I thought foxes were bloodthirsty," Halo looked at Mother.

"Leaves. That's ridiculous! All foxes want to do is kill!" Mother growled as she scratched her ear, "Anyway, you and I can sort this out somewhere else, alright pups goodnight!" Mother smiled then exited the den with Father. Stardust felt his sleepiness leave him, he was curious now, a fox didn't eat leaves, but he wanted the truth, maybe this fox could tell him everything he wanted to hear. He looked at his dozing littermates then quietly padded out of the den. He spotted his parents talking near their den. Stardust darted behind the nearest boulder.

"Why didn't you kill it?!" Mother growled. He saw his Father's paws shift in the dirt.

"It was so young, how could I kill it?" He barked back. Mother locked her eyes into Father's.

"Foxes are evil! She could have easily come into this densite where our pups are! They're too young to leave this densite! They would die if they did!" Mother criticized in a harsh tone, "We're going to that fox den tonight and killing them all!" She snapped as she started to walk off.

"What about the pups?!" Father barked after her. Stardust couldn't hear the rest of their conversation, just them snarling and snapping at each other. Stardust felt a little bad for that fox family who would be killed, but of course, he knew the cover-up would be moved out. He couldn't bear the thought of that though. I wish I could stop it, but I'm just a pup, how could I ever be useful. Stardust's thoughts cluttered left and right. With a sigh, he padded back to the den.