🍃Insecurity plague?🍃

🎶Be bold, be strong
For the Lord your God is with you
Be bold, be strong
For the Lord your God is with you
I am not afraid
I am not dismayed
Because I'm walking in faith and victory
Come on and walk in faith and victory
For the Lord your God is with you🎶

This was the Christian karaoke song I grew up listening to every Sunday during the ride home from church service -and I simply loved it, in fact it was my jam!!

Unfortunately I doubt I really listened to the actual lyrics taken directly from God's encouragement to Joshua, Moses' successor to lead His people to the promise land (Joshua 1:9).
If I had done so, a lot of opportunities that had come my way which involved me being put in the spotlight wouldn't have slipped from my fingers and I wouldn't have had to battle with the chronic disease known as the insecurity plague.

I would like to start of by saying God does not give us this plague as some form of punishment or test in fact it is not of God at all! I am not saying it just to make you feel slightly better about yourself- all that I say is strictly Bible based and 2nd Timothy 1:7 can attest to what I stated; "For I have not given you the spirit of fear but of power, love and self control"

Join Dr. Britney (not actually a doctor😉but an aspiring one, if God permits🙏) assisted by the words of the Almighty Physician and world renowned healer of all infirmities; Dr. Jesus, as we unravel the mysteries of this peculiar disease!

What is Insecurity plague?
It is a mind disease poisoned in us by Satan himself and is characterized by lack of confidence in oneself which causes one to downgrade him/herself and see oneself as completely useless.

Where does it originate from and how do we contract it?
This disease dates way back to the biblical times and a typical example of this disease' victim was Gideon (his story can be found in Judges 6)
Can you imagine a man whose name meant power and strength; whom God had specifically chosen to do His work, reduced himself to a timid mouse- definitely not living up to his name!
God had appointed him to rescue the people of Israel from the Midianites but what did he say? "How can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh's tribe and I'm the least important member of my family."

That is how we all behave sometimes; we give God excuses and redefine who God has made us to be! God knows you by name and knows what you're capable of doing. How? Because before you were even formed in your mother's womb, God knew you and who you were destined to be!
But let me get this straight; Gideon didn't question God because he thought he was a failure, he said it because he was afraid of failure! What he said wasn't on his own accord but the devil's voice echoing in his mind! He had a duty to choose whose voice to listen which would either fulfil or mar his destiny!

The infection spreads in us when we begin to compare ourselves with others! We often tell God, "I'm too shy, if I were like her I could have done it", "I'm not popular in the least, I would only be jeered at if I try", and so forth. When these questions begin to pop up in our minds that's when we're at our weakest point and may end up listening to the devil's 'you're-not-good-enough-deception' hence ignoring God's perfect intentions for our lives.

Remember that this disease is entirely spiritual and a state of the mind! Let Romans 8:31 be your mantra, "If God be for us, who can be against us." In other words, if we put our trust in Him, nothing that man will do to diminish our boldness will shake us!

Anytime we feel the need to question God for putting us in certain important yet nerve-wracking situations let us remember and comfort ourselves with the words of Jeremiah 29:11-12: "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart!"

What does God do to help us overcome this disease?
That brings me to God's rather calm response to Gideon: "You can do it because I will help you. You will crush the Midianites as if they were only one man!"
We find out that when Gideon gave in to God's plan for his life and allowed God to use him, the spirit of the Lord took over Him and he defeated the Midianites!

What is it you want to do but are being held back by the symptoms of the insecurity plague? You want to speak in public? God says trust me and you will crush it! Maybe you want to become a leader in your school or workplace? Keep calm, with God you will definitely crush it!

FAQs that the Bible has answered:
🤔Q. What if I still have anxieties, what do I do as a Christian to encourage myself?
🤩A. "Don't be anxious about anything but in every situation, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ." ~Philippians 4:6-7

🤔Q. I'm not sure what my talent is? How will I even identify it?
🤩A. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights"~James 1:17

🤔Q. How do I utilize my gifts for God's glory?
🤩A. "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."~1 Peter 4:10

Hope you've educated yourselves because honestly I just did too! Say NO, to the insecurity plague and YES to determination and courage!! God bless you all!

~Unashamedly, Britney❣️