Chapter 2

Harry's POV:

I snuck out of my bedroom window and climbed down the drain pipe. I then bolted as fast as possible to the rough end of the town. Of course I had to made sure the Order member on charge didn't see me, luckily at this time of night it was Mundungus Fletcher who was always asleep.

When I got to the other side of the town, I slipped under the broken part of the gate and entered the run down park where I always met my friends.

"Hello Max, Faye, Tyler and Rosie." I said to them.

"Hhhhheeeeyyyyyy mateeeee!" Tyler said to me slurring every word.

"Don't mind him, he's drunk." Faye said and ran over hugging me.

"I can see that Faye." I joked. She cuffed the back of my head and glared. It was just funny though so I laughed and she pouted.

"Anyway I gotta her my fix guys."

They all nodded and passed me four bottles of vodka a medium sized packet of cannabis and another small packet of white powder.

Cocaine...I shouldn't...it's way worse for you than cannabis....oh go on.

Eventually I took it and payed 60 quid. It would have been a lot more if I didn't get it from a mate. I stared on the the alcohol and then the drugs.

By about 2am I had drunk three of the four bottles, snorted half of the cocaine and smoked a quarter of the cannabi.

It's safe to say I was off my face.

My friends were just as bad, though I was definitely the worst.

Now you may be thinking what drove them into drugs and alcohol.

Well Max is 17 and has had a pretty awful life. His father was always blind drunk and his mother died in child birth. His father always blamed him for it so Max was abused. He has nowhere else to go so he lives in an abandoned warehouse with his dog Jack.

Faye is 15 like me but she is a few months older, she lives in a run down orphanage. She gets fostered all the time but they're always horrible people. The staff at the orphanage mistreat her as well, saying she doesn't deserve it. You see she once had a good life, with her parents until they died in a train collision when she was 9.

Rosie is 16 and lives with both her parents and they are both very poor. They are not the worst parents in the world, for example they don't physically abuse her but they force her to see drugs for money for them.

And then Tyler. He is 19 and still lives with his father. His mother abandoned him for another man leaving their child with him. So poor Tyler has to live with the fact his mother abandoned him and his dad for a supposedly better man. He knew it was just because he was richer than his father. His father was a nice man before she left but then turned violent out of grief. He beats Tyler daily, much like my uncle. But my home life is still worse. And they all agree.

They at least all get food regularly and water. I although not hungry often am still starved. I am the closest to Faye and Tyler. Faye because she understands what it's like to have loving parents but then they get taken away leaving you an orphan. And then Tyler, he understands what it's like to get beaten daily. Like yes Max gets hit but it's never so severe that he can't walk.

———skip———-

I woke up and looked at my watch, it read 5:26am. I got up quickly, leaving a note on the grass beside where Faye was sleeping and ran back to the Dursleys.

I noticed it was still Fletcher on duty but he was awake this time. So I carefully ran past him, throwing a stone near his feet to distract him.

I climbed up the drain pipe and closed the window. I was still high and drunk as the effects hadn't worn off yet. So I stumbled to the bathroom to shower whilst I still could. They never let me shower when I wanted, so I did it before they woke up. Of course they let me shower maybe once a week but in cold water, so I did it daily in the morning. I could use warm water in the morning but I'm so used to cold water. Plus it wakes me up. But that doesn't matter anymore as I'm too numb to even feel it.

According to what Remus and Tonks told me at Kings Cross, I have 3 days until they pick me up and take me somewhere. I have no idea where yet and to be quite honest I'd be happy to stay here for once. And that was because my new friends were here...well technically I've none them since I was about 8 when I first entered that side of the town. But I've only really became friends with them recently. Plus I have unlimited access to alcohol and drugs.

Where ever they're taking me, I will only have my shard of glass from the mirror. Oh by the way I got a real beating for that. And the left over drugs I have I can put in my undetectable compartment in my trunk that needs parseltounge to open and my blood. I got it undetectable so nobody would be able to smell it or so the hogwarts wards can't sense it and alert dumbledore.

——-end of chapter!!

-B