2. Lux

"Holy shit."

"What?"

"Jeffree Star messaged me on Instagram."

"That's fantastic," I said in my best sarcastic voice. "Now who the fuck is Jeffree Star?"

"You're kidding me, right?" Rae asked, shocked. I just sent her a look. "Oh my god. He's a singer, songwriter, model, make up artist, he does like everything." She said excitedly. "He wants us to be models. Us. Holy shit." That got my attention.

"Models? Seriously?" I asked, jumping on the couch on top of her, seeing as she was laying across it.

"Umpf. Get off," she complained, trying to roll out from beneath me.

"Nope. Show me." She grumbled something that sounded a lot like 'fuck you' but I ignored it. She pulled up the message.

"See?" She pointed to the screen.

"We are totally doing this." I reached over her and typed a reply before she could stop me.

"No! Lux I can't," she said desperately, which marks the exact second I remembered her self-confidence issues.

"Please, Rae? It'll be good for you! Maybe if the whole world is talking about how beautiful you are you'll start to see it to," I said, practically begging her.

"I'm not sure.." She said shyly.

"Please," I said, dragging out the 'e' in my best childish whine. "I'll make you breakfast for a week!"

"A month," she bargained.

"Deal." I grinned, and she smiled back slightly.

"Then okay."

"YAY!" She sent him our phone numbers, and a moment later, my ringtone sounded through the house. I leaped up, and grabbed it, answering it eagerly.

"Hello?"

"Is this Miss Lux Carter?" A voice said, and I could hear the excited smile in their voice.

"As it so happens, it is," I said, unable to keep from smiling widely.

"As you may have guessed, this is Jeffree Star. So you girls are interested in modeling for me? I stumbled on your accounts by complete accident but you're both gorgeous, and seem like the modeling type."

"Definitely. Rae needed some convincing, but yes, we are." I could hear his smile widen.

"Perfect. Now of course we need to fly you out to LA, then we can get started! I can mail you the tickets, so, let's say two days for you to pack up, then, two days for you to settle into your new house, so, let's just say five days you start. Good?" I was floundering for words for a minute.

"Y-yeah sounds good," I said, screaming internally.

"Good. Text me your address, and let's get started."

"Okay, I will. See you later,"

"Bye." The line went dead, and I actually screamed in excitement.

"What?" Rae asked eagerly.

"He's flying us to LA, getting us a house, and we start in FIVE DAYS!!!" I said, grabbing her hands and jumping up and down in excitement.

"Oh my god! So soon?" She asked, looking slightly worried.

"Yes! No time for worrying that means so start packing!!" I said, and dragged her upstairs to pack. We both could use the distraction.

"What about our friends?" She called from her room.

"No time for worrying, remember?" I called back, practically emptying my closet and dresser onto my bed for packing.

"What about-"

"Raven Amanda Casper! Stop worrying, just go with it!!" I yelled to her.

"Melody Lux Carter," she mimicked, "I can't help it and you know that."

"Don't call me that!" I cringed at my first name.

"And don't call me that!" She retorted.

"Bitch!"

"Asshat!" I couldn't help but grin. We had such sweet nicknames for each other.

"Love you," I called over to her. She stuck her head out of the door and grinned at me.

"Love you too. Even though you are a bitch." She stuck her tongue out at me, and I laughed. She was like a sister to me, so I knew she didn't really mean it.

"Just keep packing."

~~~

Written by Emiley(: