Chapter One: Kid

Ada's POV:

What am I doing here? Why am I wasting a perfectly good Friday night in some bar watching my bestfriend get chatted up by a 20-something year old man.  I wouldn't usually care about it, in fact this would be my ideal Friday night, if it wearnt for the fact that my mum took my fake ID away.  I mean, I kind of get it, I am three years underage, 15 to be exact, so I do understand why she was mad when she got a call from her ex boyrfriend saying that he'd found me passed out on a curb, drunk out of my mind.  Before you ask the answer is no.  I'm not one of those slutty weird chicks who go out getting smashed and hooking up with older men just to feel somthing or get one over their parents.  I just grew too fast.  Besides, i'd much rather the overnight company of an older man that could potentially get us both in trouble than a horny,acne infected teenage boy.  The danger excites me.

Back to why i'm here; just because i'm not allowed to drink for the next eight months (when I turn sixteen), doesn't mean my mum has banned me from going out at all.  She said that as long as I didn't come home drunk then she doesn't mind me going out with my friends.  So thats why im here, sat next to Lexi, with a diet coke in hand.  The cocktail bar is busily calm, dim lighting is provided to only shine on the menu's.  The place is elegant, not exactly the type of place you'd expect to find  15 and 16 year old girls, but Lexi's uncle is the owner and he let us in, saying to the bodyguard that we were his guests.  We had travelled by train earlier this evening in luxiouris outfits, and I haven't even caught the eye of one man yet.  

I begin to grab my purse and placing my phone into it, about to tell Lexi i'm leaving, when i notice two guys walk in.  The right one had a brown buzzcut with deep brown eyes.  He was attractive but nothing screamed at me to notice him very much.  Then I look to his right where stood a magnificiant man.  His hair was in a messy flock of curls which made me wonder if he used any product?  Their faces were unclear, both of them stood in a light too dim.  The only other feature I could make out was a smirk placed firmly on his lips as he stared in my directi- oh god he caught me staring. Great, the first guy I see thats a) attractive and b) seemingly under the age of 30 and he's already caught me staring at him.  I quickly turn back to my drink, taking my seat once again.  Once the embaressment has consumed me, I allow myself to flicker my eyes over my shoulder.  Sure enough, he's walking to the bar.  Within a matter of seconds he's stood next to me, his friend taking a booth near-by.  My head is ducked down, the napkin my drink is placed on suddenly becoming very interesting.  I feel his eyes staring into the back of my head and I cant help but lift my head to meet his gaze.  When I finally searched his eyes, i was left feeling trapped in an emerald city.  His eyes intruged me.  His attention lingured on me for only a minute before Chazz (the bartender) broke the enchantment I was under.  "Yeah hi, can I get two Long Island Ice Tea's?" the mystery man spoke.  His voice was the sound of an angels scream, husky and slow but somewhat comforting.  Chazz went to make the drinks and I couldn't help myself, I had to say something about his choice of drink. I mean, is he crazy? Or does he want to end up having his stomach pumped after the first sip? So I said, with as much confidence as possible, "pfft, you sure you can handle a drink like that, pretty boy?" .  His eyes flickered back to me, humour ovbious within them.  "I think you're under-estimating my livers, kid." He replied with a smirk, again with that fucking smirk.  "Okay, just don't come complaining when your on ass after the first sip, and if you continue to refer to me as a baby goat, i'm going take offence," smirking right back.  Woah, considering i'm completely sober, this is going quite well. He chuckled, a low,holy sound before replying "Well, you're welcome to come join me and my friend, to supervise, kid."  He grabbed his drinks and paid before begining to walk off.                                               "I might just take you up on that offer," I said before following after him.

A/N

HI! Thank you for reading my first chapter.  I'm going to attempt to upload a chapter at least twice a week.  Thank you my loves x