Chapter 5

This computer really needs to stop deleting my updates. It makes me sad. ;-;

Mitch watched the three boys sob, his own heart breaking a little. That girl didn't deserve any of that; she was only along for the ride. He felt a surge of anger at Avi for bringing everyone into this mess, but knew it wasn't his fault either.

It was the Missus. Mitch sighed as his bangs fell into his face, brushing them away as he sat on the top step agai, listening to the sobs of Avi as he looked upon the bloody corpse of his girlfriend. He finally couldn't stand it anymore, and walked up to the attic; his room. It was cluttered, filled with books and trinkets of sorts, from his favorite and memorable victims of the Missus; there was glasses from a boy named Tyler, a cardigan from a happy go lucky boy by the name of Connor, and some headphones for a boy named Troye. All who had befriended him. 

"Mitch!"

Mitch turned to the attic window, walking over to it and looked down, seeing a boy in the backyard, waving at him. It was Ricky Dillon, the survivor of one of the raids. Him and his friends Kian, JC, and Dominic came in and only Ricky came out alive.

It was a scary and sad time for Mitch, as the boys were determined to get out alive, and the more determined you are, the angrier Missus got. Kian ended up getting castrated and hung his body on the ceiling fan with his wee wee stuffed in his mouth.

JC got a power drill in his heart, making a hole in his heart and eventually got pulled out, and laid across JC on a silver platter.

Dominic got sprayed in the face with a power washer, making his face peel off, and poured salt all on the broken skin, eventually resulting in him blacking out. Mitch didn't know how Ricky managed to keep his sanity after witnessing what happened to his friends, but Ricky explained to him that he kept grounded to the fact that his sister's son was going to be born and he can't see him in a ward, so that was that. 

Mitch let out a happy grin at the sight of his only friend and opened the window, throwing down the customary ladder he made out of the poor peoples clothes. Have to use your resources. Even if the resources are from dead people. That happened a lot in the Grassi Mansion. Ricky eventually climbed all the way up, landing in the room. Mitch shut the window quickly, turning to his companion. Ricky let out a bright smile. 

"Hey Mitch! Sorry I didn't show up, Ms. Helbig was trying to get me to spill about what happened." Mitch flashed a sympathetic smile, hugging him. 

"I'm sorry Ricky. I know its hard. But, we have a new raid." Ricky's eyes went wide. "What?! Who would be this dumb to come in here? Any casualties?"

Mitch felt his throat close. "One. A girl. Named Kirstie. She got her eyeballs gouged out and stabbed." Ricky winced, memories coming back. He shoved them in the back of his mind. Not now.

"I tried to help, but no one will listen." Mitch said exasperatedly, sitting on an old box, chin in his hands. Ricky patted his shoulder. 

"Hey, they'll figure it out eventually. Everyone does."

"yeah, but by that time, its too late." Mitch said bitterly. Ricky frowned, pulling up a box and sitting across from him.

"Have they figured out who Missus is yet?" He asked, interest in his light features.

"Not yet," Mitch responded, shaking his head, "but, one is coming close. He's a smart one. I think he's almost got the puzzle solved. If only it wasn't for the fact that his friends are still here. The smart ones going to stay alive; I can already tell. The other two...not so much. That's my prediction though. I do not know what the Missus will do." A silence befell the two friends, as they thought.

"Do you want to help them?" Ricky finally asked. Mitch bit his lip and nodded. "I'm done being stuck here by Missus. I want to be free while my body is still young." Ricky nodded in agreement. 

"Maybe this'll be the one that gets that for you." He exclaimed. Mitch loved Ricky's positive attitude. It was a nice change from the dark and dreary place he currently resided in. 

"I can only hope. The smart one, Scott, seems like he knows that there's something beyond me in this house. I can only hope he sees it before its too late." Mitch cleared his throat.

"I can only hope he finds out it's my mother and destroys her."

A slightly creepy little filler chapter. Ricky's going to play a big part in helping Scott and his friends solve this mystery, so we'll see where this goes.

You know what to do ;-)

P.S Describing Kian, JC, and Dominic's deaths made me realize that i could actually be a serial killer. Oh dear.