Reaping Day: Morning in 2

Cato's POV

I woke up to screaming. I looked around and saw my little sister crying. She always comes into my bed the night before Reaping Day. You would think she would want to sleep with my parents, but they only care about me and my brother, Zane, winning the Hunger Games. My dad will never stop training us and my mom only gives us survival tips. I don't mind it, and neither does Zane, we both want to win so badly, but Graylin can't stand anything related to the Hunger Games. She is deathly afraid of them and gets terrible nightmares from them. I don't know what I would do if she was ever picked. I know there's volunteers almost every year but she would be terrified for life. She's 12 so this is her first reaping, so it makes sense why she's so upset.

I almost feel bad that I'm volunteering this year. She will be torn when I'm in the arena. I'm also only 17, most volunteers wait until their last year, but I'm the best in the training center, and this is my year. No one can stop me! Well only Gray.

"Gray, I promise it will be okay. I won't let you go. I promise!" I tell her as I hug her. "Now I think we should get ready, we want to look our best on national television!"

At least I got a small smile out of her. I hate it when she's upset.

As I showered I could only think about who my competition will be this year. I only know Clove will be there and she's very good at knives. She will make a good Career, until she's dead. Clove's nice enough, everyone thinks she's mean and deadly, but she's one of my only real friends at the training center. But, obviously our little friendship won't stop me from winning.

As I put on my Reaping clothes, I go through everything I know about weapons. I am ready for the Hunger Games!

Zane walks in my room. "Does Graylin know?" Is he an idiot? Why would I tell Gray I'm volunteering in 30 minutes.

"You know I can't do it to her."

"Yeah, but anyways, good luck, I have no doubt you'll win but do it in style."

"Of course! And thanks Zane, you're a great brother."

"Whatever." He says as he walks out of the room.

Just before we leave, I notice Graylin. She looks very pretty. Her strawberry blonde hair is pulled back into a wrap-around braid and her blue-gray eyes stand out with her white dress.

"Gray, I love you so much. You are so beautiful and smart and you will do great things!"

Then we all walked into the street. Heading towards town square where I would be facing my district, bringing them pride and honor.

More Characters:

Graylin Hadley :
Angel Pryima

Author's Note:Hey guys! This is my first story and I would love any feedback! I know I don't have a lot of readers, but if you like the story, please share it! Feel free to message me with anything (suggestions, advice, etc

Author's Note:
Hey guys! This is my first story and I would love any feedback! I know I don't have a lot of readers, but if you like the story, please share it! Feel free to message me with anything (suggestions, advice, etc.) @catchingfire11. I would like to thank you for reading my story, I hope you like it so far! I will probably add another chapter very soon so get excited! Thank you!