Reaping Day: The Reaping (Cato)

Cato's POV

I squeezed Gray's little hand as we got into line. She was shaking. The lady pricked our fingers and I gave Gray a tight hug. "It will be okay! I love you!" Then I walked over to the other 17 year old boys.

Then that annoying capital lady walked on the stage. I think her name was Priscilla or something dumb like it. She was wearing some pick frilly dress and had a pink wig. She looked ridiculous. "Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor!" she screeched. I barely paid attention during the video but I smiled when Gray looked over.

"And as always, ladies first!" Her long fingers reach for a name. "Gra..." "I volunteer!" Clove prances up to the stage. I know Graylin's name was on the slip. But I can't worry about that now. "And what is your name?" "Clove Kentwell," she said confidently.

"And now for the boys!" Her fingers grabbed a slip. "B..." "I volunteer!" I shouted. Then I confidently strutted up to the stage. And grabbed the microphone. "Cato Hadley."

Clove and I shook hands as Priscilla said, "Cato and Clove, District 2's Tributes!"

Then we were ushered into the building and into a fancy room. I sat on the soft couch and waited for my visitors.

My parents came first. "Make us proud son."  "We love you." Then they gave me a short hug and left. God, my parents make me mad sometimes.

Next my trainer came in. After giving more tips and random knowledge he said, "You can win Cato, make me proud." Then he left too.

Next came Gray and Zane. Graylin had tears streaming down her face. "Come back Cato!" She just sat on my lap and cried. "You have to win!" Zane sat on the couch and told me to win. I gave them a big hug and told them I loved them then Graylin was dragged out of my arms. I saw Zane grab her hand as the door shut. Then I was left to my thoughts. Finally, the peacekeeper came and took me to the train. I tried to look as fierce as possible.

Priscilla showed us our rooms and told us to do whatever we wanted as long as we came to dinner at 7:00.

I went to my room. Black with red and gold accents. It was fancy. The bed was huge and there was even a chandelier. And a bathroom attached. I decided to take a shower. I pressed a bunch of buttons and finally got the water to a normal temperature. As the hot water ran down my back I thought only of Graylin.

Author's Note: 

The next chapter as promised! Please comment and share! I would love your ideas! Thank you to my AMAZING readers!