chapter 8

Two days. Just two days left. And she'll kick me out. I can't believe I wasted a whole day just like that. I finally slammed my laptop shut when I couldn't find a reasonable side job that could help me generate a few dollars in two days. They at least required you to work for a week. Like come on! Can't they hire someone as a helper for two days?

I saw the clock stating 8 am. Yep. I stayed up whole night. I dragged my self to the bathroom and took a shower and got changed for the office, all the time worrying over the fact that if I don't have enough money in two days, I will have no place to live in.  

Reaching the office, Valentina stopped me before I made my way to the elevator. "You ok?" She sounded worried. "You don't look so good."

I gave her a half-hearted smile, "I'm fine, just a little tired," I explained and she scowled at my words.

"I can literally see those dark circles under your eyes. Not to mention it looks like you lost a couple of pounds." She stated eyeing my body.

"I am great!" Opening my eyes wider, I cheered out giving a full blown smile. "Don't worry. If there is anything worrying me, I'll come to you!" I lied.

"I just hope you do," she mumbled before I made my way to the top floor.

I knocked at Mr Knight's office door and entered after hearing a come in.

"Your coffee sir," I spoke keeping the cup of coffee down on his table. "As for your schedule, you have a business meeting with the owner of Black Co-operations and you have a charity event to attend this evening." I announced tapping at the reminders on the tablet I was holding.

I looked up from the tablet only to see his eyes already fixed on me. He was gazing at me? More like studying me. His eyes took in my appearance before settling on my face. He was in a deep thought. I concluded that much. Suddenly a frown appeared on his face but he brushed it off as soon as it came. He blinked his eyes a couple of time before finally breaking the silence.

"Yes. Ok, you may leave," he finished reverting his eyes back to his laptop.
Just as I was about to leave, a sudden thought invaded my mind.

"Um Mr Knight," I called out, turning back to face him, fidgeting with my fingers. He raised his eyebrows asking me what I wanted to say.

"About the deal with Mr Steve," I continued as he rolled his eyes. "I think you should reconsider it. I mean we can find out a little more about his company and get to know him better before you sign off the deal. I feel like we are just rushing with it." I gave my opinion, wishing him to not take it in the wrong way.

His poker face continued looking at me before he sighed and rubbed his palms together. "So you Miss Miller are saying that I am taking a wrong decision?" He mocked while I shook my head.

"That's not..."

"You are saying that I don't know what I am doing? After all these years I have invested in this business, you think I don't have the ability to recognize people? You think I would want my own company to suffer a huge loss?"

"That's not what I meant," I tried clearing the misunderstanding.

"I don't care what you mean. I suggest you stop giving your opinions and stick your nose into your own business. Just keep doing what you are asked of and we won't have a problem. I don't think I have to announce that I am the boss here."  God why is this man such a hard nut to crack? "You may leave," he dismissed me, not waiting for my reply. I nodded as I sighed at his imbecile behavior.

I went back to the cabin not before smiling at Stella who was showing me her perfect white teeth. I continued typing a document for Mr Knight until it was time for the meeting. I made my way to the meeting hall with Mr Knight just tailing behind me. I opened the door for him, allowing him to enter first as I stepped right behind him, securing some important files in my hand. I know the guy is supposed to be doing such stuff for the girl, but not this guy.