Registration and Meet the Legends

I can't seem to find any place to apply for a job, I sigh out of exhaustion while continuing to glance towards the flyer stating: "Will you be the next Apex Legend?" . I groaned then pondered at the thought of becoming a legend, but I knew dad hated the idea of the Apex Games; although, the image of myself fighting amongst the top 3 squads excited me. A few minutes passed, finally after fighting with my mind I muttered to myself," You know what? What the hell, I'm going to sign up. Who cares what dad thinks." I grabbed the flyer and proceeded to call the number listed at the bottom.
"I hope this is worth it..", I sighed then finally perked up as my call had been answered.
"Hello, are you here to register in hopes of becoming a new legend?", the voice echoed.
"Uh y-yes?", I stuttered with uncertainty, surely the person heard it too, the call continued with a few questions like "what will your abilities be?" Or "what is your experience with combat?" Which frankly, Both of those questions I failed to answer. I mean, Nerf guns count right?
"I'll register your name;However, I need abilities. You have a week, once you got that down go to this address", They sighed and I can tell they were annoyed with me.
"Okay, thank you." I hung up and exhaled out of relief, could you blame me? Human interaction is hard.
The next day came around and I finally came up with a concept, a poorly written one but it will have to do; although, I'm pretty happy with the idea. I smiled looking at the sheet of paper with scrawls and doodles, accompanied with paragraphs describing the abilities. Now that the easy part had been done, all thats left is creating a prototype, my eyes wandered to my phone.
"Couldn't hurt to ask..." I mumbled then picked up the phone, finally after procrastinating I called my older brother. He's a snobby dick, but I still loved him nonetheless.
"Hey, whats up?" I didn't know why, but I can feel his smug smirk he always did.
"Can you swing by and help me with something?" I held the phone between my cheek and shoulder while looking for a uniform to use on my laptop, to my surprise my brother answered.
"Yeah, Im guessing i'll need to bring some things over?" He asked while I gave him a simple "mhm". He hung up and I rolled my eyes.
"Rude", I muttered to myself while continuing to search for suitable outfits.
30 minutes passed and I finally hear my brother pull up into the driveway, I get up and decide to wait at the door. The doorbell rings and I turn the knob as the door flings open, revealing boxes on boxes of scraps and equipment along with your brother carrying what seems to be beakers and tubes.
"Did you pack your whole room?", I snicker while holding the door open.
"Not funny. Didn't laugh", he muttered while setting down the boxes, "Care to help?" He said walking out  to retrieve the other boxes.
"I am, I'm holding the door open", I smiled and he rolled his eyes as he puts down the final box.
A few minutes passed while I discussed to him about the concept and idea of me entering the Apex games.
"You know dad's gonna kill you when he finds out", he said with his chin resting in the palm of his hand.
"I know, but its a risk I'm willing to take. It pays and that's all that matters to me." I sighed heavily while leaning back into my chair, "lets get started" I continued while searching through all the equipment he brought.
~Time-skip~
The day has come, to officially become an Apex legend, I take a deep breathe as I began pull up to the address. It seemed to be a pretty huge building, After a bit of mental preparation I stepped inside and met the person who was on the phone with me as we discussed more and more they finally enrolled me. I gave myself a celebratory fist bump, it became normal due to my crippling loneliness. The person led me into a separate building fit with
a firing range and some form of Lobby, I look around fascinated at the scene.
"Meet the legends", the man said as he guided me into another room, I gazed at every one of them while analyzing any physical features.
"Uh, amiga.. you alright there?", a man with steel,prosthetic legs chuckled as he tapped his foot.
"Huh? Oh y-yeah I'm alright", I mumbled while i scanned his body. Does he always show off his abs or something?
"Hey there~ The names Mirage", Mirage leaned against the wall and smiled, as a lady in all black elbowed him in the side.
"So you're the newbie huh?", a woman with short curly brown hair stepped up with her arms crossed, she continued, "so what's your abilities?"
I gulped, "Well, my abilities are..."