Chapter 28

Victoria's pov

Remember when I said I didn't feel different? Well I take it back.

It's been three weeks and everyday my urge for him grows and I feel like I always have to be around him.

The fact that I'm back at work didn't make it any better either. I didn't usually mind my working hours, but now they felt way too long.

It hasn't been easy for Luka either. If I thought he was protective and possessive three weeks ago, it was worse now. Last week he almost castrated Lincoln because he kissed my forehead.

I spoke to Velma about my feelings, she said it's gonna stay that way until he completes the mate bond,then it'll become somewhat manageable. But for some unknown reason he just wont, no matter how much I initiate the mood. It was really getting frustrating.

But we always did other things.

I discovered that I couldn't sleep well without him either. We started sleeping in each other's bed only two days after he marked me. I was contemplating just moving into his room, but I'm so attached to my own room.

It was finally Friday and I was surely looking forward to the weekend. I managed to get my Saturdays off at the hospital, so I had a the whole weekend to myself and Luka.

"Victoria! Can we get a clean up at booth seven please" I groaned at Kera's request, dragging myself towards the area.

These teenagers always spill something that I have to clean up. I loved working here, but I'm not the most patient person.

I finally got the stain from the table, and I was about to head to the washroom when something caught my eye. Across the street in the trees I saw eyes, but they weren't just any eyes. They were wolf eyes.

What was he doing here in the open like this? I'm sure he's aware that humans are everywhere. My curiosity got the best of me, as I stepped outside, heading in his direction.

I knew it wasn't safe and I wouldn't hear the end of it if Luka or anyone should find out what I'm about to do, but I was too curious to let this go.

I knew it wasn't a wolf from Luka's pack, since they only shifted and ran in their lands to reduce the risk of humans seeing them. If this wolf was from the pack, he was treading dangerous waters.

I couldn't help but think that he was watching me, and my suspicions were confirmed as I got closer to him and he didn't budge. He knows me.

I wondered if Luka sent a wolf to watch me, but I knew for sure that he wouldn't have been in wolf form.

As I got closer, he got tenser and I ensured that I walked in slow careful steps, just incase he was dangerous. The night was already fallen, and no one was around. But its amber eyes shone in the darkness as a perfect illuminator.

After crossing the road, I saw him stand up from his earlier sitting state, and ran deeper in the woods. Surely I wasn't stupid enough to follow him, so I simply went back inside.

I checked my watch to see that it was 8:30. My shift ended thirty minutes ago. I went to the wash room to freshen up, grabbed my things then headed to my car after telling the others goodnight.