Chapter 48

Song for Chapter:

Memories by Maroon 5

***

Victoria's pov

I've always been someone who looks too deep into someone or something. That's because from a young age I've learnt that there's always more than what meets the eye.

When I first met Stella, she showed me that dark side of her that you cant see with the naked eye. And since she loves everyone around her, and visa versa, they wouldn't have noticed.

But me, the stranger and the human who was dooming her and her family to a tragic end, was met with the side of her that nobody else saw.

Don't get me wrong, she isn't a bad person and she has a heart. But emotions always cloud judgement. And since I had little emotions towards her, I could see what everyone didn't. So when Luka told me that his mother left, it didn't surprise me as much as it surprised everyone else. But that didn't mean I wasn't affected.

Once the 'human dooming family' stage was over, we developed some sort of mother-in-law-daughter-in-law kind of relationship. And since she was Luka's mom and he was obviously affected, my heart broke more than I thought it would. For him.

"How do you know?" I had asked last night when I saw that he was serious.

"She left a letter" He said slowly, while I gently took the letter from him.

It was scribbled in an unrecognisable way, due to the rush she might have been in. It was an apology to us all for everything she'd done and caused. She didn't say where she was going, but indeed, she left.

I noticed that Chris had one for himself too, and I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I knew she wasn't stupid. She knew Luka wouldn't have done anything horrible to her. So why run? And that, from your own mate too?

I just don't understand her.

"Good morning" Luka whispered from beside me.

He had clung to me all night, even more than usual. I knew this was just too much for him to handle. But he wouldn't show it since he was still angry with her about the whole Samuel thing.

"Morning love. How did you sleep?" I turned fully to face him and rested my hand on his cheek.

He sighed and offered me a small smile since I knew he wouldn't want me worrying. "I slept okay"

"Bad okay or good okay?"

He smirked slyly then sweetly dropped a peck to my lips. "I slept beside you. Of course it's good okay"

"Hhmm lets sleep longer" I mumbled and cuddled into his chest.

"Fifteen more minutes Angel. We have to be up soon"

Yea right. You have to be up soon.

***

Lincoln and I were sitting in the living room watching a movie when a loud thud got our gazes to shift to the bottom of the stairs. My confusion must've been noticed by her, since she looked at me with sad eyes.