Beginning cutscene 2 + Companion 1: Samosa

Apple sprinted into Pizzas diner, and immediately tripped over a "wet floor" sign. "Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked him. After another moment if Apple laying on the floor, he slowly began to get up. There was a shadow looking over him, and somebody was knelt down beside him. Apple soon looked up and met the gaze of his good friend, Pizza. "Yeah. I'm fine." Apple got up like nothing happened as he was often barely able to feel pain. Pizza got off his knees seconds before Onion had bursted through the door. "Pizza, we need to tell you something!" He shouted before slipping over the same "wet floor" sign that Apple slipped on. "Haha!" Apple laughed at Onion after he got up. "Not. Funny." Onion said angrily. Now his glasses were covered in water, but he'll fix that later. Pizza glanced at the two, who seemed frantic but excited. "Is... something up?" He asked after trying to think about why they were acting so strange. He got a quick response from Apple. "We're going on an adventure!" He said while dusting himself off. Onion had just finished cleaning his glasses when Apple said that. "Yeah. We got inspired by a TV show, and we came to tell you." Onion explained. Pizzas eyes widened. "Wow, an adventure? I've always wanted to go on one." He sighed immediately after. "You can come with us!" Apple grabbed Pizza by the arm and started to head to the door. Pizza loosened Apples grip on him, and pulled away with a saddened look on his face. "I'm sorry, guys. I can't go, I have to work." He explained in a sad tone. Apple seemed upset, but nodded in understanding. "Just come back here if you ever need anything." Pizza pulled Apple and Onion in for a hug, and pat them both on the head. "Now, go have some fun!" He then did the same thing Patty had done earlier, and spun the two around before shoving them out the door. Apple had a big smile on his face, he was still a bit sad that Pizza couldn't come with them, but knew he had errands to run. "Let's go, Apple. We have to tell Falafel now." Onion picked Apple up, and began to walk back to their apartment building.

"Hello, Apple and Onion." Falafel had opened his window and waved to the two waiting there. "Hi, Falafel!" Apple and Onion said in unison. They both jumped in through the window. The two were now in Falafels apartment. On Falafels couch sat a friend they had only recently made; Chip. "Ack! Close the blinds, please!" Chip said as he squinted his eyes and held out his arms in front of his face. Chip had lived in the space between Apple and Onions roof shack, and Falafels apartment for a time period he can't even remember. Falafel quickly went to the window and closed the blinds. "Sorry, Chip." Apple and Onion apologized. Chip wasn't able to see well in the light, and was only slowly getting used to it. "It's okay." Chip fully opened his eyes and made eye contact with the two. Falafel was in the kitchen making what seemed to be coffee, and poured two cups of juice before walking over to Apple and Onion. "There's some juice for you boys on the table." He said before sitting down next to Chip. Apple quickly looked at the table. "Is that some of the good juice?!" He asked Falafel before running over and sticking his face in the cup. "Yes, that's the good juice." Falafel rolled his eyes and handed a cup of coffee to Chip.

"So what are you both in such a hurry for?" Chip asked Apple and Onion before taking a big gulp of his coffee. Apple had already finished his juice, and was sprinting around the apartment like a maniac, leaving Onion to explain. "Oh. We saw a TV show and decided to go on an adventure." Onion told Falafel and Chip. "An adventure?" Falafel raised an eyebrow and took a sip of his coffee. "Yeah. We'll go around and do... adventure-ey things." Onion didn't quite know the word to use to explain what him and Apple would do during this adventure, so he went with the first thing that went through his mind. "Must be nice. An adventure in the light." Chip gave a saddened expression. Apple ran over, and sat down like nothing had happened and he wasn't just running around the apartment. "You can come with us!" He said, obviously he didn't listen to what Chip was saying a few minutes ago. Chips sad look changed into a disappointed stare."I can't. The sun hurts my eyes a lot." Chip explained to Apple, who seemed surprised to learn that. "What about you, Falafel?" Onion drank some of his juice before turning to Falafel. "I can't go either. I have to take care of Chip, and I have lots of errands." Falafel said as he got up and grabbed the cup from Chip. "So who could we bring with us?" Onion whispered to Apple. Apple simply shrugged. "But I can help you on your adventure." Falafel said after a short silence, that caught Apple and Onions attention. "I could fix things of yours if they break." Falafel offered the two, who obviously said yes. "Thanks, Falafel!" Apple and Onion started to walk to the door, their business at Falafels place was done for now. "Well, we'll see you guys around!" Chip called out to them as they walked out the door.