Chapter Three: He's Coming

Hanabi screamed a warcry before charging at her sister with full speed. Hinata, who was ready for the attack, was in her fighting stance. Hanabi jumped up and tried to kick Hinata in the face. Hinata easily blocked the kick with her arm. Hanabi then threw a punch at her to which Hinata blocked that too.

    “Is that all you got Hinabi?” she said, while throwing a punch at Hanabi’s stomach. She was sent flying to the floor and wincing in pain. Hinata came at full speed towards her and Hanabi quickly got up managed to dodge a kick that was going towards her face. She did a backflip away and glared at Hinata.

    Hanabi was already breathing hard and exhausted. She felt like every bone in her body was screaming in agony. The worst part about this is that they’ve only been doing this for an hour and Hinata has not shown any signs of being tired. It was like she was toying with Hanabi. ‘Then again, she is trained for this more than I am.’ thought Hanabi.

    “You ok Hanabi?’” asked Hinata, who gave her sister a bottle of water.

“Yea. I’m ok.” said Hanabi, gladly taking the water and drinking it.

“You did ok today.” said Hinata. You’ve improved some, but you still leave your midsection wide open.”

“Yea.” said Hanabi, rubbing her stomach. “I see that now.”

“Your speed has improved too but I wouldn’t say the same thing about your strength. And your agility has definitely impro…”

Hinata looked at her sister. She was tightening her grip on her workout pants and was looking down at the ground. She was disappointed in herself. So what if she improved? She’ll never be able to catch up to Hinata. She felt so weak. Weaker than she’s ever felt. Then Hinata ruffled her hair. She looked up at her older sister and saw that she was smiling at her.

“You did great today Hanabi. Don’t get so disappointed so easily. You just have to work a little harder ok?”

Hanabi was silent for a minute looking at Hinata’s smile. It was just a smile, but she could tell how fake it was. Her smiles were always missing something in them. ‘I wish you could smile for real just once.’ Hanabi smiled back at her. “Yea ok. I’ll work harder. I promise.”

“That’s great to hear.: Hinata said. “How about we stop here for today and have lunch. I’ll make some sandwiches and-” Suddenly Hinata just stopped. She looked behind her and sniffed the air. She glared.

“What’s wrong?” asked Hanabi, walking towards her sister. “What’s the prob-” She stopped dead in her tracks. She sniffed the air again; making sure it’s what she was really smelling.

“You smell it too?” asked Hinata, still having her glare.

“Yea…” said Hanabi. “What the hell is HE doing back here?”

“I don’t know, but whatever it is, it can’t be good.”

“You think Father knows he is here?”

Hinata stayed silent and was in deep thought. “Hinata?” asked Hanabi.

Hinata stayed silent for a few seconds more and finally she sighed and looked back at her sister. “If we can smell him from here, there is a sure chance that he knows and is probably wondering the same things we are.”

            *******************************

Hiashi looked out his office window having a distant look on his face. He glared. ‘Of all the days that bastard comes...’ he thought. One of the maids came and knocked on the door. “Sir…”

“I know Mary.” said Hiashi, sighing and sitting down at his desk. “When he comes, bring him into my offices.”

“Yes sir.” said Mary, while bowing and leaving the room.

Hiashi went back to staring at the window and sighed. “Well we both knew he was coming for her sooner or later. I just wish it was later…”

            *********************************

Hanabi was upstairs looking over the railing hoping to get a glimpse of him when he came in. The last time he came, she had to stay in her room with one of the maids until he left. Even though she never saw, she could still smell him. Hyuuga’s have sharp noses and keen eyesight. No wonder we WERE the most feared clan in all of Japan.

“Trying to get a peek of the monster?” said a voice from behind.

Hanabi turned around to find her sister drying her hair with a towel. She was wearing a black t-shirt that showed off a little bit of her tone stomach, camouflage capris and black and white tennis shoes.

Hanabi shrugged. “I’m just curious of what he looks like. I mean aren’t you curious?”

“Not really?” said Hinata, coming up to Hanabi. “I’ve met him before remember?”

“What is he like?”

Hinata’s eyes got darker as she thought about this question. “He’s just a very dark man Hanabi.”

Hanabi looked at her sister. She saw her glare that was going towards the door. She also looked towards the door as she swallowed the lump that was in her throat. “You know the one question I thought about when he came here for Neji?”

“What?”

The doorbell suddenly rung and the head maid, Mary, went and hurried to answer it.

    “Why does he smell like a bunch of snakes?”