Chapter 2- Jackson High School

BAM!

I can feel something smashing into the car door I opened. I know something is there but I'm too scared to look. Instead I look at my dad with wide open eyes, hoping that maybe he knows what to do. But instead, all he does is stare at whatever hit our car door like a ton of bricks.

I can see that my dad is very worried and it's  crushing me to not look at whatever I hit and help them out.  At the same time I really don't want to be held responsible for this accident. But I can feel my conscience getting to and I can't hold it in any longer. Slowly I twist my head from the direction of my father's face to the car door and then down to the pavement. But instead of seeing a crumpled person there it's just the blank pavement.

I look up to find a tall figure just a few feet away from our jeep, limping away. Without saying anything to my dad, I jump out of car and slam the door shut. I then start moving my feet to a pace where I am running after the boy who is still limping. 

Within a few seconds I am already a foot away from what I now notice is a very muscular back. I slowly lift my hand to his shoulder, which is probably half a foot taller than my head. As I am now walking at a slower pace letting him still walk infront of me, I place my hand on his shoulder and gently tap it.

The broad figure turns around to face me but all I can do is stare at him with a blank face. I was staring at the star athlete of our school. Noah Hart. This guy has lettered in many sports. In the fall he is one of the star quarterbacks, in the winter he is one of the varsity basketball players, and in the spring he is the pitcher for our baseball team. But did I forget to mention that every summer, just for fun, he trains for triathalons and has won so many medals for that as well. It is freaky how well of an athlete he is. 

"Are you going to say something?" he asks me with his deep, sexy voice, as looks at me like I'm crazy.

Wait, what? Did you just say you think his voice is sexy? You are not one of those girls who thinks that popular, stuck up, jocks are sexy, Amelia. Get that idea out of your head.

"Um... I... Um..."

"What?" he asks me with a puzzled yet judging look on his face.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright. I hit you pretty hard with my car door," I say now starting to feel really bad about what I did.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I don't need you following me around and making sure I'm okay, like everyone else," he mutters the last part, which I don't think I was supposed to hear.

"Well, anyways I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to do that," I say trying to be sincere.

"Whatever, it's not like you hurt me. Just a tiny bruise. Now if you excuse me, I need to be somewhere, bookworm," he turns away from me and starts to walk towards the school.

Well, I guess it's another year being teased by the populars... again.

I quickly walk inside, trying not to let what the jock said to me affect my self esteem. As I reach one of the many doors lined up at the front of the school I stop. I take a breath letting myself know I can do this. It's not like it is prison, it's high school. Just like my dad said, it's where you make all the memories that you wish you could go back to.

If only it were that easy.

Slowly, I stretch out my hand and let it rest on the cool handle. After a few seconds of just staring at my hand I realize someone is talking to me.

"Hey are you going to move?" I hear monotoned voice say from behind me.

"Sorry," I say without even looking back. I then pull open the door and one step at a time bring myself to the next set of doors. But unlike the first door I quickly pull it open without hesitating. But as soon as I open the door, I realise it isn't summer anymore. It's autumn, which means school.