Attempt One

Day after day; I slept, ate, and trained. I never fought back; I stopped arguing. I even was civil with Kabuto. I'd do anything to get back home.
My plan was slowly progressing along.
Orochimaru seemed to be getting more and more comfortable with me. At first i had to always have an escort, now I'd wake up to an unlocked door.
There was just one final step in my plan. I needed to fight Kaito.

"Lord Orochimaru. Would I be able to train with Kaito today?," I had my legs tucked underneath me and my head bowed.

"Stop bowing Hitomi. Look at me."
I complied and looked into his eyes.

"That's better. You've been here for a month now with no fuss; so I'll allow it."

I couldn't help but smile, "Thank you Otōsan."

I froze at my slip up. I don't know why it came out but it instantly made me angry. When I was a child; I didn't know any better. Now? I'd bet Orochimaru killed my real parents just to take me.

"You haven't called me that since you were a child Hitomi."

I bowed, "A slip up. I'm sorry Lord Orochimaru."

He didn't continue on the topic, "Stand."
I did as I was told and he did the same.

"I'll see Kaito and tell him you'll be joining him in the arena today. Be there in 10 minutes," he walked past me and disappeared out of the door.

My plan was almost in full swing.

~Kakashi's POV~

"What do you mean there's still no sign of the hideout?" I was honesty fuming but I kept my cool the best I could.

"Exactly that. The Jutsu he's using is strong. We can't even find his hideout to break it."
Tsunade looked exhausted as she stared up at me, "I even have Jiraiya out looking for information."

I sighed, "After the exams; send me out to look. Please."

She rubbed her temple, "Fine Hatake. Now go, I've got more paperwork to go over."

I bowed and quickly exited.

(Y/N) has been gone for almost a month now. I didn't even know if she were alive or not at this point. It was killing me not knowing.

I miss you darlin'.

~(Y/n)'s POV~

I stepped into the arena exactly 10 minutes later. I quickly glanced at the walls surrounding the area.

One of these has to be the weakest point. If I throw Kaito; it could break easily.

"(Y/n)."

His voice pulled me out of my thoughts quickly.

"Kaito."

So many emotions ran through my body as he towered over me. Anytime I saw him; I could only see Riku being ripped a part in front of me.

What a vile creature, the sentence echoed through my mind.
I truly hoped that I'd kill him before I escaped.

"So I'm expecting you want me to not hold back during this," he crossed his arms in front of him.

I nodded, "I know we're not supposed to kill each other; but we can nearly kill each other."

He snickered, "I'm glad you haven't lost that hatred for me."

"I'll hate you even after I kill you."

"That's if you get lucky little Torōru," he walked to the other side of the arena and we both pulled out our kagunes.

I didn't even blink before he kagune was shooting towards me. I dodged strike after strike; he wasn't going to let up.

Instead of running away; I started running towards him as I dodged his attacks. He tried to move back but I was too quick. My fist connected with his face and he flew back a little. As he regained himself; I shot my kagune towards him this time. He dodged my attacks but he was slower than I was. His size playing against him.

Then out of nowhere he stopped moving. I shot my kagune at his chest and he grabbed it right before it made contact with his skin.

"Fuck," I mentally cursed myself and he used my kagune to yank me forward. I couldn't stop his knee from connecting with my abdomen. My breath was completely knocked out of me. He backhanded me and sent me flying sideways. I hit the wall and a bit of it crumbled.

The weak spot.

I jumped to my feet and was grabbed by my throat. He lifted me off the ground and hit me against the wall. More of it crumbled.

"Looks like I win."

I couldn't breathe but that wasn't going to stop me from smiling. The idiot wasn't keeping an eye on my kagune.
I snaked it's around him and shoved it through his heart.

He gasped and started spitting up blood. He let me go and I landed on my feet. He fell to his knees in front of me.

I leaned and whispered in his ear, "Oops. I forgot that I wasn't supposed to kill you."

I shrugged my shoulders and he fell forward; completely motionless. I would've preferred a more gruesome death; but this would do.

I used my kagune to help me pick him up. I ran backwards and aimed him for the higher point of the wall. I threw him with as much strength as I possibly could.

The wall crumbled; creating a giant hole. I didn't waste any time. I'd come back and kill Orochimaru one day; but right now? My only focus was getting home.

I jumped out of the hole and landed on my feet outside.

Outside.

I began to run. I didn't know where I was this time; but I'd run until I got into some kind of village.

I ran and ran and ran; the adrenaline was pumping through me so I wasn't tiring at all.
And then I finally saw something. A village.

I started running towards it; and I almost made it.

Almost.

I thought no one had realized I was gone yet; so I let my guard down. A stupid move.
Both of my legs were grabbed by a kagune and I was threw backwards into a tree. It snapped in half when I made impact.

I groaned and slowly pulled myself to my feet.

"Did you think it'd be so easy to escape?"

I slowly looked up at Orochimaru, "I was hop-."
I lost my words as I saw who stood beside him.

"How are you alive? I stabbed your heart!"

Kaito was fuming; but he didn't answer.

"When I changed him; I made it harder to kill him. Kaito has no real need for a heart. It just helps his body run a bit more smoothly. I'll eventually replace it though."

I took a battle stance, "Whatever, I won't go back easily."

Orochimaru just snickered at me; and then I felt an all too familiar sting in my neck. I turned to find Kabuto standing behind me with an empty needle.

"I told you. You should've been more grateful for the life Lord Orochimaru gave you."

I didn't get a chance to respond before I passed out.

I was so close. I'm sorry Naruto. I'm sorry Kakashi.