The calm

Hanare was handled accordingly; or so Tsunade says. She wouldn't give me more detail than that. A disappointment really.

"Darlin'. Take it easy; Tsunade just released you this morning," Kakashi just stood by watching me.

I stood my ground right across from Naruto.
We were both panting heavily already; but we wore huge smiles.

Sasuke and Sakura soon joined Kakashi to watch our sparring. I'd have to get them to fight me like this soon.

Naruto summoned a few shadow clones and I crossed my arms, "Hey. I thought this was strictly hand to hand."

He chuckled, "Always expect the unexpected (y/n)."

I grinned, "remember those words Naruto."

I quickly pulled out my kagune and attacked his clones. They all poofed away at the same time. I didn't give him a chance to react; I grabbed his legs with my kagune; and pulled him to dangle in front of me.

"Looks like I win," I ruffled his hair as he pouted.

"Yeah yeah. Put me down already," I chuckled as I complied.

"Sasuke, Sakura; when are you going to join me out here?," I strolled over too them with a grin.

Sasuke was about to say something but Kakashi stepped forward, "Another day guys. Let's go home."

I rolled my eyes, "Party pooper."

He winked at me which sparked an idea, "Hey guys! Barbecue pork on Kakashi tonight! Let's go!"

"Aw yeah! Let's go!," Naruto took off while Sasuke and Sakura followed.

I looked at Kakashi and I could sense both of his eyes burning a hole in me.
I winked at him and walked over to him, "Thank you for being such a generous man Kashi."

"Tch, better be glad I love you," I could sense the annoyance in his voice.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his mask covered lips, "I love you too Kashi. Shall we?"

He pulled down his mask and kissed my forehead, "Let's go darlin'."

I jumped on his back and we headed to meet the other three.

~

We were all sitting and talking when Tsunade walked up to the table.

"Oh, Lady Tsunade; to what do we owe the pleasure?," everyone sat silently as I spoke to her.

"I was already out; so I figured I'd just find you and tell you what I just received from Jiraiya," she wore a serious expression which made me feel uneasy.

"He believes he's found the area Orochimaru has moved to. So I need you and your team here to head to the Land of Earth as soon as you're ready."

I nodded, "we'll leave first thing in the morning."

She put her hand on my shoulder, "All of you please be careful."

I didn't care who saw; I stood and wrapped my arms around her, "Thank you Tsunade."

She hugged me back and whispered in my ear, "Come back alive (y/n)."

I pulled away and gave her what I had hoped was a reassuring smile. She said goodbye to the others and I sat back down at the table.

I realized that I didn't mind dying. As long as I killed Orochimaru before I did.
I felt someone start tracing circles on my hand. I looked up to see Kakashi watching me.

Okay, maybe I would mind dying.

~time skip~

We were all waiting on Kakashi at the gate. Instead of complaining; we all just stood together quietly.
I think hearing Orochimaru's name made them uneasy.

"I know you're all chunin now; and I have yet to fully be made Jonin..," I trailed off for a minute, "But please; listen to me if we do come across Orochimaru. He'll be easier for you to fight than a ghoul; but he's still one of the legendary sannin."

They all just listened quietly. They truly were amazing ninjas.

"You protect each other no matter what okay?"

"You're one of us too (y/n)!," of course Naruto would be the first to say something.

"I know Naruto. But don't get yourself killed for me. I couldn't live with myself if any of you died for me."

Sasuke spoke up this time, "Then you don't get yourself killed for us either."

I shook my head to fight away the tears, "I'll do my best. Thank you for welcoming me the way you three have."

Sakura threw her arms around me, "We love you (y/n)."

Sasuke and Naruto soon joined her and I couldn't help but cry. I'd try not to die; but if I had to; I'm glad it'll be for them.

Another pair of arms joined us but I already knew who it was, "We're all making it home this time darlin'."

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before we finally headed out of the gate.

I honestly didn't know what to expect this time. Kaito was gone; but I'm sure Orochimaru has something else up his sleeve for me.

This all felt like the calm before the storm.