One

Rachel was woken by her phone buzzing (it's set in modern day) it was Beverly,Rachel rubbed her eyes before answering.

"Finally,it took you long enough to answer"

"Yeah,because you woke me up,dipshit"

"Ok,well are you coming down the quarry today because if you are we're meeting in 20 minutes so I'll meet you,at yours,in ten"

"Ok,see ya then,bye"

"Bye" Bev said in her usual cheery voice

Rachel dragged herself out of bed and switched on some 80's music while she changes into an oversized shirt,she stole from Bill at the last sleepover they had,and some knee length denim shorts.She tried to tame her short curls but gave up as she new they would just get wet at the quarry.

Rachel went downstairs greeted by her mother and father at the kitchen table.Her father,Wentworth,was reading the newspaper and her mother,Maggie,was sipping on her coffee.Rachel walked in the kitchen grabbing a glass of water,she could hear her mother complaining about something but Rachel didn't care about what it was.

After about 5 minutes Bev knocked on the door,as Rachel slid on her vans her fathers voice echoed through the hall way,

"Were are you going this early in the morning?"

"I'm going to the quarry with my friends then I think we're going to Bills for the night,is that ok?"

"Ok,but be careful I don't want coming back pregnant"her father joked.

"Dad we're just friends and the rest of the losers will be there too that would just be weird"

(Did I mention there 15)

"Ok then have fun,bye"

"Bye"Rachel said slamming the door behind her.

Her and Bev walked in silence for most of the way,but not an awkward silence more of a comfortable silence.Bev finally broke the silence as they stepped into the woods next to the quarry.

"So are you gonna swim today?"Beverly asked.

"Maybe,probably,just because it's so hot"Rachel answered pushing her coke bottle glasses up her nose.Bev just nodded.

Rachel's pov

When we got there Eddie was in the middle of taking his shirt off while the rest of the boys sat on the rocks,stan looking at his bird book and bill drawing on of the birds,Ben reading a math textbook for some reason doesn't he know it's summer and mike was looking in his bag for something.

"Mother fuckers"I yell as we got there,earning there attention,as I hoped.
Bev started unbuttoning her dress making the boys turn away,I start to unbutton my shorts and taking off Bills shirt.I set my glasses aside while the boys stood looking over the edge,

"Who's first?"Stan says in a shaky voice.

"We'll go"Me and Bev said in unison.

Me and Bev lock hands with each other then jump,followed by Bill,Mike,Ben,Eddie and Stan.We splashed around and played chicken,Margo polo and other things but after that we climbed on the rocks me and Bev laud on towels with sunglasses covering our eyes.Ben starts talking about some history shit so I prop myself up with my elbows as Eddie quickly turns to look in another direction causing me and Bev to smirk a little.

We stay there for almost the full day then head to Bills house for our weekly sleepover,we've been doing it since we were 13 so it became a tradition.
When we get there we sit in Bills room while he turns on Netflix,we all agree to watch a horror movie except Stan,so we settle on bird box after telling Stan it was a documentary and he only realised halfway in that it wasn't but didn't complain much.

Trigger warning homophobic slurs by Greta Keene

Everyone went to sleep except me I just couldn't stop thinking about how I didn't act or dress like Bev or the other girls in our grade,Greta always calls me a dyke,which I know isn't true because I like guys,I like Eddie,it just feels like sometimes I'm trapped in the wrong body.
I pull out my phone and check if Beverly is sleeping (Rachel and Bev were sharing the air mattress)and search:
What dose it mean when you feel trapped in the wrong body

A few results came up but one seemed interesting so I clicked it,it said something about being transgender so I looked further into it and that's when it clicked I was transgender.Thats why I didn't act like all the other girls and acted more like the boys.Maybe that's why I don't like swimming because it means I have to take off my clothes and just sit in my underwear I hated my body and the way it looks so feminine.I need to fix it.

But how.

So first chapter hope you enjoyed it.