Chapter XXV

Chapter XXV ─ Absolution

[ M I C H A E L   G R I F F I N ]

I had awoken a monster inside of Bryan Clay.

Ever since our little magical sexcapade, that man had turned into a total sex-driven incubus, except all his focus was on me. Not that I minded, I was just as bat-shit crazy about him and his body as he was about mine.

It had been a little over a week and a half since we laid it all bare and went at it. Safe to say, we put bunnies to shame with how much 'fun' we've had together since. I never thought that sex with Bry was all I ever needed to be satisfied. I was constantly hungry for his skin, for his cock, for the way he fucked me into the mattress, on the floor, in the shower.

My life revolved around Bryan in every way possible. Ever since dropping the bombshell that I was in love with him everything changed, it might have been uttered in the heat of the moment but I was glad I couldn't keep my mouth shut for once. Turns out so was Bryan.

Falling asleep next to the person you loved every night was something I could never get tired of. I could never get tired of the way Bryan wrapped his arms around me and made me feel safe and wanted, the way he whispered sweet nothings into my ear until I inevitably drifted into a comfortable deep sleep.

We had built our private little kingdom together, but whether we liked it or not, we'd eventually have to get over the soaring highs of sex and look at the situation on hand. Were we ready for a real relationship yet? Could we label ourselves as something more than just long lost childhood lovers? As much I liked to think that we were safe and secure together, we weren't, there were barely any conversations about our future, we had been too cooped up in ravishing each other's naked bodies.

It mostly came down to me. I wasn't sure if I was ready to come out to the public yet, or if I'd be in the next few years of my life. I was left in a tricky situation, I had high hopes and aspirations of becoming a professional football player and locker rooms were notorious for nonchalant homophobia. It was the same for high school, college, and pro play alike, could I build a career if the world knew how much I enjoyed making googly eyes at other men?

I knew these kinds of thoughts were very selfish of me to have, especially when Bryan and I had been so close to building something together. But I couldn't help but wonder about my future, I wanted to have a prosperous career so my mother wouldn't have to work as much, I wanted to feel financially secure and I wanted to play football in the big leagues. I knew that Bryan would be more than willing to stick my side and be my significant other on the down-low, but he deserved way better than that. He deserved to be flaunted around like the world's biggest trophy because he was a national treasure.