Chapter 5- Date

Luciana:

I don't know it at all. How stupid of me to think that Luke would love a silly girl like me.
He already has a girlfriend. Yet this jerk said he would help me. How shameless is he? I want to go home and sit alone. I better get going.

"Hahaha! You should see the look on your face."He said giggling loudly. Wait does he expect me to laugh hen I get to know that my crush already has a girlfriend.
"What do you expect me to do?" I shouted.

"Damn kid, I was just kidding."He said laughing. "Don't get so worked up. Hahaha...you would believe anything."He was wiping the tears he got by laughing so loud at me. I want to kill this person.
"You need to know when to draw a line, you jerk."I was about to burst into tears. Nobody made fun of me as this person did. I want to dig a grave and hide in there.
This guy is mentally sick. Meeting him is the worst mistake I made in my life. I swear he is psycho. The agreement he made before was to continue torturing me.

"Luke Jones: 11th grade, class 3. A representative for literary club. Prefers gentle girls who like to smile. Good at cooking and drawing. Enjoys eating sweets. Man, he's kinda girly, huh?" He went on for almost fifteen minutes.
I guess he is helping me investigate.
"Don't forget any of this, got it? I don't feel like repeating myself." He said again with this arrogant face.
"Ah..got it." I mumbled back.

"Next week is Luke's birthday. He's gonna be hosting a party to celebrate. I'm going with him to supplies this Saturday." He stopped.
"So..." Is he going to ask me to come along? I wish.
"Nothing, I just talked. With those expectant eyes, are you waiting for me to invite you?" I never knew he was good at reading peoples minds. His arrogance pisses me off.
"No!" I replied as I need to have my self respect. Damn, he teased me right from the morning.
"Ah..forgot it. I'm done making fun of you. Yes, you are coming along on Saturday, too." He said flapping his hand.
"YOU.." This asshole pisses me off now and then.
But to see and meet Luke outside the school. I can't wait.

*~*

"Ohh...it's no good. I am too scared." I blabbered.
"Look, you.." he started but I cut him off in between by saying, "I mean, who will believe that we'd all just bump into each other like this? It's so fake."
"All you need to say is, 'Yo! Well isn't this Luke. What a coincidence' with a very broad smile and act all cheerful. Leave the rest to me." He said as if it's nothing.
" I don't think ,I can do that. I get so nervous around him." I said shivering.
He covered his face with his hand and said, " Man, I screwed myself here, by agreeing to go to shopping with a man ....for a girl."

Damn, he looks so bad. Maybe I should say something. " But.."
He cut me off by dragging me from there. " Let's go. Don't be scared you have got me by your side." He said with a serious expression. He rarely gives that expression. "Now hurry up. No more grumbling about it." He grabbed my hand and starts pulling me.
"But, I am not ready yet." I am going to screw my life if I appear like this in front of Luke.

*~*

"Yo! Sorry, I ran into your old classmate , so I am late." He said as soon as we met Luke. I look like a little kitten who lost it's the way and is being harassed by a jerk. Hey, let go of me at least now. You're the worst.
"Hey, Lucy. What a coincidence!" Luke greeted with a warm smile.
"Umm.. good morning, Luke." I mumbled. As I was talking, Dylan pushed me forward and said :" I was just telling her we were gonna buy some stuff, and she would like to help us." Dude, you never told me this script of me offering help.
"Mm. Sorry if I am causing you any trouble, Luke." I am just so nervous saying that.
"Now how could you possibly cause any trouble? I am counting on you then, Lucy" he said slowing caressing my head with his warm hand. His hand is so big and so warm.. they make me feel so safe. For three years, all I've done is secretly look at him. But today we're suddenly shopping together. Almost like a date...

I was nervous all the way. I was so cautious all the time. I felt my body to become so stiff. I was happy because it was the first time talking to Luke for a long time.
As Luke leaves Dylan starts to walk near me and whispers, "Change you stupid the expression of happiness."
This dude he knows how to piss me off.

As we completed shopping all the things needed for the party. We went to a bench to take rest.
"You two wait here, I'll go buy us some drinks." He said keeping all the shopping bags on the bench.
"Okay, thank you Luke", I said happily. Dylan was whistling in the background which was quite annoying.
As he went to the store nearby, I was staring at him.
"Pfft.." Dylan started laughing in the background.
"I heard that." I said very angrily. But, I was happy because he was helping me to meet Luke. "Well, I guess I should thank you. If it isn't for you, nothing would have changed. Even though you're a creep, you do have my deepest thanks...it's just I can't stop wondering, why did you suggest this kind of agreement that day?" I always had curiosity regarding this thing and finally, I have asked him.
"Well, it's because...." he startled as he was saying. Why did he stop speaking? I want to know the reason.
"Hey, because of what?" I asked.