You Idiot

"I thought I'd lost you! You bloody idiot, how dare you go in there alone!?" Clara demanded, voice high and breaking at the end and tone one she'd use with a ten year old. She was so mad at him, so mad at herself for crying as tears started out. 
      Today's world saving mission was almost too much, almost enough Clara was sure it could be the last. She thought for a moment, long enough to break her down, that when The Doctor had gone off to do his stupid heroic stunt that he wasn't coming back. She'd felt like this a thousand times before but it hadn't ever hit her so hard.
     She was surprised when he tried to hug her but quickly she was angry, beating on his chest with two fists, gently from lack of strength, almost matching the rhythm of the two hearts in it. 
      "Never, never do that to me again, please. Please." and then she hugged him back, crying into his chest with heaving sobs as her hands clutched the back of his jacket, balling the fabric in her fists. "I can't lose you. You're the only person I've got and I love you and you're my best friend and I can't lose you." 
      The Doctor opened his eyes, they'd been closed tight to try to keep from seeing her devastated because of him, but they opened and he stared into empty air over her shoulder. It was quiet for a long time, the only sound Clara's sobs and he pulled her tight as he sat themselves down on the floor, feeling how shaky she was and wanting to let her rest without pulling away.
     "I'm never going to leave you, Clara. I need you too, I can't lose you either, I love you too, you're my best friend too. You are." he closed his eyes, trying to block out now the way a double drum beat started in his chest as his pulse quickened. She let go and pulled away slowly, looking into his face with his closed eyes. He couldn't handle the silence. 
    "I thought you liked hugs, should I not hug?" he asked, trying far too hard to sound joking and confused. 
     "Not always."
     "Why?"
     "Some very wise idiot once told me hugs are just a way to hide you're face. I don't want your face hidden right now."
     "Oh."
     "Did you mean that or are you just trying to get me to shut up?" 
      He'd not said those words in a very long time. He'd not said it a thousand times he should've. He'd not said it to people he should've before it was too late. But then, it was to late to fix those things now. Not this. 
        He'd already said it now. 
        Keep honest.
        "Yes, I meant it."
        "I love you." Clara repeated, cautiously, tears slowing but still a hitch in her voice as if expecting The Doctor to realize what she meant and immediately take it back. It was almost a struggle to say it again but his stomach flipped at the thought of seeing her cry anymore because of him was too much to keep him silent long.
    "And I love you too, Clara Oswald."

____________________________________________________

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed and I didn't butcher my characterization.  Pleasepleaseplease comment.