drabble | tamaki

Warnings: angst & cursing

Prompt: "I'm scared of you."

"Tamaki...are you fucking kidding me?"

You glare at Tamaki from across the room, watching as he closes the front door. You can smell the alcohol off of him from where you're standing. At this point, you've gotten used to him coming home late, reeking of the bar that he decides to spend most of his time.

"(Y/n), can w-we please t-talk about this lat-"

"No! I've had enough of you thinking that you can just do whatever you want. We're going to talk this through right now like adults." You interrupted his words.

"Lower y-your voice.." He trailed off, moving slowly towards you.

"Tamaki, what happened to you? To us?! Why must you wash all of your problems away with alcohol?!"

"Leave m-me alone. Just move o-out of the way." Tamaki slurred as he tried to push his way past you. You placed a hand to his chest, stopping his movements. He grabbed your wrist and twisted it away from your body, causing you to cry out in pain.

"I told y-you to move!" Tamaki's hard gaze never left your eyes as he watched you whimper in agony.

"T-Tamaki..let go, please!" You barely got the words out before he squeezed your wrist harder, causing tears to form at your eyes. You stomped on his foot harshly, causing his hand to quickly leave your wrist and wince at the pain you left behind.

Tamaki's eyes widened at the realization of what just happened.

"(Y/n), I'm s-so sorry.." His hand reached out to touch yours and you flinched away from him, your eyes not being able to look at his.

"I'm scared of you." You whispered, just loud enough for him to hear.

Tamaki backed away from you slowly, visibly shaking as he looked down as his own hands.

"Y-You flinched.." He stood frozen in front of you. His mind was still trying to process what just happened as you rushed past him, towards the door. You grabbed your coat and keys, reaching your hand to the doorknob.

"(Y/n)..please d-don't leave.." Tamaki nearly sobbed, watching as you turned around to face him. Your face was streaked with tears, eyes red and puffy.

"I'm leaving, Tamaki. I need some space away from you." Those were the last words you said to him that night.

As you walked towards your car, you touched the bruise left on your wrist. It will always serve as a reminder of you lost that night.

Trust.