Chapter 2

"Help me!"

Mariin niyang ipinikit ang kanyang mga mata. Nag-iisip kung anong gagawin niya. Kung tutulungan niya ba ito o iiwan. Iniisip rin niya ang mga posibleng mangyari kapag tinulungan ito, baka pagsamantalahan nito yung kabaitan niya.

He clenched his hands. He hopes he won't regret it.

"Why would I help you?" he asked, finally facing the merman.

"Because I need help?" it thoughtlessly answered his question.

His answer kind of pissed Bright. "Bahala ka!" singhal nito.

"S-sandali! My tail was stuck to the rock and it hurts when I move." Pagmamakaawa nito.

Bright had no choice but to help the merman. He removed the rock that stuck the tail of the boy. He finally saw the entire tail of the merman, there's a wound but it's still beautiful.

"Thank you! I don't know what will happen to me if you didn't came."

Bright was just staring at the boy's smile. He thinks it is the sweetest smile that he had ever seen. He doesn't know what kind of spell that merman put in him and he's that too easy on him.

Isn't it too far from reality, he thought.

Him seeing this creature? It only exists in fantasy stories.

He just shook off the thoughts. This is real. He is not delusional.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest and rests his back on the big rock. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Me?"

"Is there anyone other than you I can ask?"

"You're so short tempered." He laughs, "I'm just joking."

He looked at the boy and he meets its yellow paired eyes. It's captivating. He was taken aback for a moment but what was weakened him more is when he smiled.

It was an eye smile.

'Fvck! What's wrong with me?' he scolded himself.

"It's Metawin."

His mind came back to reality when the boy suddenly talked.

"Huh? Sorry, what you were saying?"

"I said, my name is Metawin." He stared at him. "...and I am a Merman."

Bright cleared his throat. "I'm Bright. Human."

He heard him chuckled.

Why does it suddenly became awkward? Is it because the boy is half naked or is there other thing?

"Are you not cold? You're not wearing anything." he thinks it's the dumbest question he ever asked.

"I am but I got used to it." He looked at him. "This is my first time to encounter a human."

Bright smiled at the boy's statement. "Then, how's the experience?"

"You're fine. You are far from a human of what my grandma told me."

"How did your grandma describe us, then?"

"She told me humans are ugly."

He choked from his own saliva when he heard that. "W-what... ugly?"

Win giggled because of the man's reaction. "No. Not in physical aspect but in the personality. I won't explain it because you as a human, yourself can easily understand what I'm talking about, right?"

Bright agrees. He totally agrees on what exactly he is saying. The only thing that he doesn't agree on is humans are not the only ones that have an ugly personality, no one born perfect.

Lumipas ang mga oras pero tila atang nakalimutan na ni Bright ang oras dahil ang mahalaga sa kanya ngayon ay ang kausap niya. Hindi niya alam kung bakit pero iba ang saya na nararamdaman niya habang kausap ang sirenong kakakilala pa lamang niya. Ngunit, tuluyan niya nga rin atang nakalimutan na may mga bagay na nagwawakas, at iyon ay ang makita at makasama si Win.

"Will I ever see you again?"

"I'm not really sure. My grandma warns us that if ever a human saw us we should never come back on that place."

'Come back for me.'

That's what Bright wanted to say but he can't even utter a word. This is the first night in his life that he never spent a night with some woman and he doesn't think that he would do it again.

"But who knows, maybe I'll come back when I missed you."

Those statements lighten up the atmosphere between them.

"Can I hold you?" Bright hesitates to say it at first but he said it well.

It's like that when he thought his surroundings just stopped the same as his heart beat. All he can see is that the boy slowly came nearer and he just found himself in the arms of the merman. He's warm. It's the warmest hug that he ever felt.

He absentmindedly softly caressed the face of the boy. They stared at each other's eyes. He can see the sadness on Win's eyes and he feels the same too. The boy holds his hand that is holding his face right now.

The boy smiled at him and it's like a strike of lightning that he ended up kissing the guy in front of him. There's so much emotion between them.

He knows he's not the only one feeling it.

He can't call what it is but he knows what it is.

"Keep this pipe for me. Use it whenever you feel sad, assume that I'm here by your side."

Nagising si Bright mula sa pagkakahimbing . Tinignan niya ang paligid, nasa kwarto siya ng resort na in-assign sa kanya ng kaibigan. Naguguluhan siya dahil wala siyang maalala kung paano siya nakabalik.

All he just remembers is that merman.

Teka!

Is it all just a dream?

He was in confusion when he touched something beside the bed. His eyes widen at the sight of it. It is the thing the merman gave to him. A memory from last night flashed to him.

"Keep this pipe for me. Use it whenever you feel sad, assume that I'm here by your side."

Bright touched the pipe and observed it. "Is there a chance that you'll hear the sound of it?" Win flashed a smile to him and nodded. "It is possible."

Bright put his hand around the shoulders of the boy. "Then, I'll use it always, every day, every hour and every minute until you come back." 

*****

A/N: While i'm writing this chapter i don't think na makakaabot siya hanggang 20 chapters, hanggang 10 lang ata? depende.

I hope you'll enjoy tonight's update. Don't forget to leave a comment and vote!