Prologue

~~~

~~~

The day Elizabeth Carter turned eleven is a day she is sure she'll never forget. She recalled how the morning started out great with her receiving her hogwarts acceptance letter only for that newfound happiness to vanish as quick as it came. She remembered the continuous yelling that rang throughout the Carter manor, between her mother and father and her oldest sister, Autumn. She remembered her little brother Charles, sitting on her bed crying, repeatedly asking what was happening. She remembered her other older sister Rosalie silently crying whilst she pretended to read a book. She remembered the light footsteps that crept up the the stairs that led to her bedroom as the yelling had ceased. She remembered Autumn Carter smiling softly at her three younger siblings with tears in her eyes. She remembered how the eldest of the Carter siblings brought her beloved little sisters and brother into an embrace as she gently kissed the top of each of their heads. She remembered how Autumn Carter told her siblings she must leave on the wishes of their parents and how they will not be allowed to see her for quite some time. She remembered watching her eldest sister pack a small bag, shoving as much clothes and supplies she could fit. She Remembered Autumn telling them how much she loved each of them and how she'll come back to get them as she walked out of Elizabeth's bedroom. She remembered how that night at dinner her parents acted like Rosalie was their first born child. She remembered later that night when she went into the kitchen she saw a black burnt spot on the area that used to be Autumn Carter's photo on the family tree. She remembered when her eleven year old self came to a terrifying realisation.

~~~

Elizabeth sister, along with her- had never fit the criteria of what was expected of a Carter, and that became crystal clear to the rest of the wizarding world, when the eldest of the two found her self being sorted into hufflepuff...not ravenclaw-
And now several years later, it was even clearer, when Elizabeth had just witnessed with her very eyes the disownment 
Of Autumn Carter.