1

"Shoulders back Elizabeth

"Shoulders back Elizabeth." Genevieve Carter reminded her youngest daughter. "Yes mother." The eleven year old replied, letting out a dramatic sigh while looking sideways at the ghastly woman. It had been merely weeks  since the banishment of the eldest carter child, Autumn, a few weeks since she promised she'd come back to save the rest of her siblings. So here they were, the remaining three out of four Carter children standing stiffly next to their stone faced parents. Rosalie, Elizabeth and little nine year old Charles, stood on the infamous  9 and 3/4 platform- Rosalie for her now 2nd time, Elizabeth for her first, and Charles only giving final goodbyes to his beloved older sisters. The cherry red train gave a warning screech informing remaining children and parents that the train would soon begin its  Journey to the magical school in Scotland. Just as Elizabeth turned around in direction of the hogwarts express, her father roughly snatched her arm in an agonising grip. "now Elizabeth, you know what is expected of you, and you know what to expect if you continue to disrespect this family in the public eye," Elizabeth simply stared at him with no expression while she desperately shoved the urge to cry back down. " answer me girl!" Vincent Carter whisperd angrily, careful of prying eyes and ears. "yes father." She spoke curtly. Elizabeth glanced hopefully up towards her mother in anticipation for the woman to show even a glimpse of sadness that yet another one of her children were leaving, but no. Instead, the emotionless woman dryly said " why don't you sit with your sister on the train?" "Ok." Elizabeth whispered only to turn around to see that Rosalie had already left to sit with the other snobs, her sister called friends. So Elizabeth aggressively snatched her brown leathered trunk off of the cement floor, held her head up high and walked inside the train without another glance at her parents ,only a rushed goodbye to her little brother who watched sadly as his favourite sister hurried to board the train.
~~~~~~~~
Elizabeth stomped down the long corridor of the train with a unwelcoming scowl upon her angelic face. She mumbled chain of profanities aimed at her parents as she discreetly squinted at each passing compartment's misty glass doors in hopes that she'd find one that doesn't have people already Occupying them. "Oh for the love of Merlin," she grumbled as she noticed she was nearing the end on the hallway with still no luck of finding a person free compartment. So in irritated defeat, Elizabeth decided to just slide open the next door that comes into view. So... She did just that. Elizabeth yanked the door sideways which lead to it banging against the railing, alerting a curly headed girl who was stuffing her mouth with as many Licorice wands she could possibly fit. "Hi-ya!" The one in question exclaimed, " I'm Meredith." Elizabeth looked down at the girl's out stretched hand before taking it with a smile. 
"Elizabeth Carter."
Meredith grinned,
"pleasure."