Chapter 4

3 months later...

I wake up to the sound of Mike calling my name and shaking me gently.

"Mm, good morning.", I say groggily.

"Morning, love.", He steps back.

I sit up and stretch, a loud yawn passing my lips.

"I made breakfast, the girls are sitting at the table waiting for you. They refused to eat without you." He chuckles slightly.

I swing my legs off of our bed and Mike swings his arm around my waist to help me up. When I'm standing firm on my legs, Mike walks across the room and opens the door for me, I walk through and he follows, closing the door behind him.

I walk over to the girls and give them each a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodmorning, my babies.", I say sweetly.

"Morning Momma", they say in perfect unison.

"Mmm, eggos and bacon, my favorite.", I hum as my stomach rumbles.

"Thanks, love.", I say to Mike, giving him a peck on the cheek after I grab my plate.

"You're welcome", he murmurs back as he sits at the table.

We finish eating and I check my phone.

"Shoot!", I say, well aware of the girls finishing up their food. I jump up from the table realizing the time.

"What is it?", Mike asks.

"The girls and I have to be at Max and Lucas's in 30 minutes!", I explain.

"Oh fu- fudge!", Mike exclaims.

"Can you get mine and the girls' dresses packed into my bag while I go shower, please?", I ask as I rush to my bedroom to grab my clothes.

"No problem.", Mike says as he jumps up from the table.

I rush to the bathroom and get into the shower. I make it out in 15 minutes and grab my hairbrush, hairdryer, makeup bag, curling iron, and shoes and put them in my bag.

Mike was ready at the front door helping the girls with their shoes. After the girls have their shoes on, we all get into the car as I text Max that we are on our way.

We make it to the Sinclair residence and we shuffle out the car. We go up to the porch and knock on the door. Lucas opens the door, Auggie by his side. The girls rush to hug Auggie as we walk inside. Sunny, Ads, and Auggie try to run off to play but I stop them.

"Kiddos, Auggie has to go with his daddy to our house. But, you'll see each other in a couple of hours, okay?", I say.

"Okay.", Sunny says, dragging out the word, all tree of them looking disappointed.

Lucas picks Auggie up and grabs his and Auggie's suits. Mike comes over and gives me a kiss and says goodbye to the girls. Then he walks to the door with Auggie and Lucas after they say goodbye to Max, I wave goodbye to them as they close the door.

"Let's get started.", I say to Max.

I sit her down at the kitchen table and grab a coloring book and crayons for Sunny and Ads. I begin braiding a French braid in the hair on the right side of her head. I secure the braid with bobby pins and curl the remaining hair.

After I finish he hair, I begin her makeup. A light layer of foundation, light contour, and a bit of blush. I then begin on her eyes. A shimmery nude eyeshadow with a thin line of black eyeliner, and I have her do her own mascara. I top off her makeup with a bold red lipstick and a little bit of highlighter. I hold up a mirror to her and she smiles.