Chapter IV

(le cheap divider)

The kiss broke. Bree looked at Conner like she had always meant to. Lovingly. And he duplicated it.

"I wish I had come sooner," Conner said, a little rosy in the cheeks.

"I wish I had told you sooner," Bree said, not noticing the rosiness because of the dim light.

The two looked at each other like the world could just pass by and they wouldn't know or care. Bree suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him off the couch and somewhere in her flat.

"Where are we going?" Conner asked and stopped.

"I made a pact with my sister years ago that when I had my first kiss, I had to take a picture with the guy and keep it just in case I ended up marrying the guy. Then I would always have a picture of our first kiss." Bree said and laughed, tugging on Conner's arm. He laughed at her sisters' crazy pact and followed Bree to a bedroom in her flat. She let go of his hand and pulled a box of a shelf. She sat on the bed and rummaged through it. She bit her lip in frustration, which Conner found very cute.

She finally found what she was looking for and held up a Polaroid camera.  She motioned for Conner to sit on the bed next to her and he did so. She held the camera up and kissed Conner's cheek as she snapped the photo button down. Conner was sure he blushed so bright the room lit up. It was one thing to have a first kiss alone, but when taking a picture that would be around for ages, he was a bit more shy.

Bree pulled the picture out of the top of the camera and shook it. She set it on the windowsill, putting it behind the curtain to gain sunlight. She turned back to Conner who was still sitting on the bed. She smiled and Conner melted for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

(le cheap divider)

They were officially dating now. They hadn't gone on an official date, but Conner went over to Bree's every day, and she counted that. He meant everything to her and she knew he felt the same way.

Conner knocked that morning. They had created a special knock so she would know when it was him.

"Come in," she called from the couch. He walked in and she smiled wider when she saw bakery bags in his hands.

"Someone brought goodies," he said and lifted the bags.

"I'd love to meet that 'someone'," Bree said teasingly as Conner put the bags on the counter.

"Well, you're in luck," Conner said, walking over to the couch and sitting down. "He might just be in today."

"He will, will he?" she asked and Conner nodded. "Hmm, I'll have to assess this someone, see if their good."

"I think they wonder what those results of your assessment would be." Conner said, the smile never leaving his face.

"I think you're perfect," Bree said and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Thank you," Conner said.

(le cheap divider)