Chapter 9- The Swamp

"I feel like the swamp is calling me." Aang said.

"Maybe the swamp can make these 2 talk to each other...Well make one sign and the other talk." Katara spit out.

I glanced at Sokka and he looked away. I turn my gaze to the trees that's beneath us.

"Can one of you guys tell us what's going on? Ever since the cave you've been acting weird. And then yesterday you guys look mad at each other." Katara gave me a glance. Deep down she knows what happened but didn't want to say anything.

"We're fine." Sokka said harshly.

"Uh guys, there's a tornado!" Aang yelled. We were swept away in the tornado. I screamed but it came out in a harsh whisper, that's new. I fell in the trees, but I kept falling until I landed in the swampy water.

I landed with a thud, saying ow but no noise.

I heard the other screams, soon enough they fell right in front of me.

"Looks like we ended up in the swamp after all." Aang laughed while getting up.

"I hate the swamp, there's too much vines and it's hot, it's wet, I feel like I can't talk because it's musty in here." Sokka complained.

Oh no what a nightmare

I crossed my arms. Sokka glared at me.

"Guys please don't fight here. We're lost and we lost Appa and Momo." Katara said.

"Katara is right, we need to find them." Aang picked up his staff and flew to the top of the trees. Sokka was chopping down the vines. I bended the water at him to get his attention.

"What now?" He was aggravated.

Don't chop vines

"What? I don't understand you. It's hard enough trying to figure out what you're feeling yet alone reading some hands."

I glared at him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't put my anger out on you." It felt genuine.

"Seriously what happened with you guys?" Katara asked.

"Can you get out of our business for once!" Sokka yelled back.

Aang flew back down, "I couldn't see Appa and Momo, what's going on?"

"Nothing!" Yelled Sokka and Katara. I signed Nothing as well but it's no use.

We heard a nasty roar in the swamp. Sokka got his boomerang and me and Katara got some water to protect us, Aang was still holding on to his staff.

Out of nowhere we all got separated again. It was like a wind that blew us away. I landed in some swampy water again. What's up with me landing in water? I tried screaming for help but all it came out was a whispering yell. Barely even audioable. But that gave me an idea, if I can sorta whisper than maybe I can make some noise that doesn't hurt my throat. I tried saying Yue but no sound came out.

"I'm right here."

I heard her voice for the first time since she died. It was her, she was so beautiful. Her hair glistened in the sun, her dress was white and shining.

I said her name again but no sound.

"I'm so proud of you, but you need to trust Sokka. He won't hurt you, he won't leave you."

You left me

"I had to, it was my destiny."

I trusted Father, he left me emotionally