Four

Not feeling appreciated is the worst feeling in the World. So please do vote, comment and share this story with your friends followers on Wattpad. 

Layla was exhausted from studying and worrying and then studying again. Today had been a bad day for everyone in Mughlaan, especially the Baigs'. Her Father, Wali Baig was the Governor of Satlan and he had to take care of a lot of things. When she called her father to inform him about the news they had seen, he told her he had just heard the news and was on his way to Cabinet House for a meeting. He told them to not worry about anything.

Layla, Noorein and their aunt ate their lunch in silence and went back to their rooms. Since then, Noori and Layla were studying for their upcoming examinations. Layla was preparing for her Masters entrance examination while Noorein was preparing for her final High School examination.

"Aapi, what will happen now? I am afraid of what will happen to Abba's position. He is the governor of the same State whose chief minister was accused of such atrocious crimes. Will the public blame Abba as well?"

Layla also had the same apprehensions. Their father had worked really hard to make Satlan a better place. He was an honest and responsible man. He believed in earning the halal way, he could never harm a soul for his own gain. She just hoped that the citizens knew this as well.

"Noori, everyone knows about Abba's character. He is a good man. No one is going to blame him for anything. Everything will be alright, inshaallah."

Layla was not just comforting her sister with her words but herself as well.

It was already 8 pm and Wali Baig had not come home yet. At 8:20, there was a knock on Layla's bedroom door, Wali Baig entered and sat on his daughter's bed. Both his daughters were in that room

"I have some news", He started.

Ya Allah please don't let it be bad news. Please Allah. Please. Layla started to pray in her mind.

"I have been made the Chief Minister of Satlan." Her father grinned while delivering the news.

"What the hell, really?" Noorein jumped excitedly and hugged her Abba.

"Do not swear Noori." Her father scolded her while still smiling.

Layla also smiled. "Mashaallah Abba. This is great new. But how did it happen? Was this His Majesty's sole decisions?"

"Actually, the cabinet members decided it. And then conveyed it to His Majesty for the final decision."

"Mama would have been so proud of you Abba. She always wanted you to become Chief Minister."

"Yes, her love was always my biggest strength. I just now came from hew qabr (grave). She was the first person I conveyed this news to."

Layla joined Noori in hugging their father.

"And tomorrow my little girl will turn twenty-one. You both are my lucky daughters."

It was true. Layla would turn twenty-one years old tomorrow. It was her birthday. And after today's news it would be a great day indeed.

"Aapi has become old now Abba, you should get her married." Noorein teased her sister and their father laughed.

"Wait you little brat. I am going to teach you a lesson." Layla started to run behind Noorein who ran to their aunt's room.

"Look Phuppo, your niece is beating me up. She always tortures me." Noorein said this and hugged their aunt innocently.

"Phuppo, you should teach her some manners. I am her elder sister but she never treats me as such." Layla complained to their aunt.