Chapter 9

THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT YET BEEN EDITED!!! SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES!

Alex's POV

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Just trying to fall asleep, and failing. When panic clouded my mind. Fear filled my head. I couldn't keep still. What the hell?

Then I thought about it.... Lexi. She's the only reason I'd be feeling this right now. As my mate I can feel her emotions when they are extreme enough to project to my wolf. Our wolves are more closely bound than we are.

Why is she stressed? Oh God! Is she okay? She's not hurt is she? My wolf whined and howled.

Shut up. I commanded him. We don't care! I shook my head, turning over. I huffed annoyed at the feelings.

We do! We really really do! He howled out in agony of not knowing what's happening.

I tried to ignore the worry in the back of my mind. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop caring about her... stupid mate.

When the stress didn't go away, I reached down to the floor, and pulled up my bottle of vodka I had been drinking earlier.

"Take away the pain baby." I whispered before chugging half the bottle. The poison liquid burned my throat. Tears came to my eyes as I swallowed it down. Drinking it straight was hard. But this is a better pain to focus on than the pain of a girl I can't love.

Suddenly my stress turned to pain. But not like physical pain, no it was heart break... The same feeling I had when I rejected Lexi. For a second it was crippling. I felt like I couldn't move. Couldn't breath.

Holy fuck. Is she dying?

And just like that it eased away, going back to a nagging worried feeling.

"This is gonna be a long night..." I muttered shaking my head, before chugging down more vodka.

I sat up on my bed, in my dark room. The bottle of vodka was now empty, but the feeling wasn't gone. A constant reminder that I'm cursed to be liked with her. I growled out in anger. I felt so angry. My emotions were a wreck switching back and forth between my own anger and my wolfs worry.

I growled again, hurling the empty glass bottle against the wall. The shattering sound echoed through the empty house, but it didn't relieve any of my anger.

I growled again, gripping my hair in my fingers. I didn't know how to handle this.

-------

Lexi's POV

My eyes fluttered open, to the simi-lit living room. I turned to the other sofa to see someone had removed Connor's body. I turned back to the still motionless Chase.

"Chase.... Chase... Please wake up..." I tried to shake him gently. "Chase come on this isn't funny. Get up." I knew he wouldn't make a joke out of this. Nothing about this was funny. I was more scared than I had ever been in my whole life. I couldn't lose him. He was the most important thing in the whole world.

No movement. Perfectly still except the rise and fall of his chest. Now what? He's supposed to be better by now... why isn't his wolf healing him already? It was just an arrow?

"Hey Lexi, how is he?" I looked over my shoulder to see Tucker came into the room. He was in a fresh set of clothes, and I was happy someone must've offered him some.

"Isn't he supposed to be up by now?" I asked him worried, looking back to Chase.

"Umm yeah." He came over, and kneeled down beside me. "We should probably call the doctor..." he stared intently at Chase, as if he would suddenly jump up.