Chapter 3

"My lady?" Sirobie wakes to find a young woman, head bowed, standing at the foot of her bed. "Good morning," Sirobie yawned looking at the woman. The woman curtsied slightly before looking up. "Good morning Lady Sirobie, her majesty requested that I wake and escort you to breakfast."

"You know that I.."

"Yes ma'am, all of your waitstaff knows. Do not worry, we all have "sealed our lips" as the Americans say. I've already laid out some outfits from you to choose from in the bathroom. I will walk you to the Dining Hall whenever you are ready."

"Thank you," Sirobie smiled as she peeled out of bed. "Would you like some assistance with your hair?" the maid called. "No thank you-," Sirobie trailed off. "Eshe, my lady."

"Please, Sirobie is just fine. I will be out in a moment." The maid nodded before walking into the sitting room adjacent to Sirobie's chambers. Sirobie chose the matching red and yellow skirt and bandeau top set from the outfits. Quickly brushing her teeth and washing her face she changed into the outfit and accompanying jewelry laid out for her by Eshe. She undid her scarf from the night before and separated the curls. After a quick once over and fluff of her hair, Eshe escorted her to the dining room. The young woman knocked twice before pushing open the grand door. Sirobie nervously ran a hand over her edges before walking in.

The morning sun bathed  over the furniture of the room. Sirobie smiled as she noticed Queen Ramonda and Shuri already seated. The head of the table sat empty, she inwardly breathed a sigh of relief, doubting whether or not she could face the king yet. Shuri beamed once she noticed her entrance, the teenager waved her over causing Queen Ramonda's eyes to fall on her as well. Sirobie took a seat in between T'Challa's seat and Shuri.

"Good morning. I am sorry to keep you all waiting."

"No problem my dear, you are just on time," Ramonda smiled. "Unlike someone else we know," Shuri muttered. "Is the king usually late?" Sirobie asked, secretly worried that his absence may have something to do with her arrival. "Always," shuri answered as queen Ramonda opened her mouth. The mother glared at her. "Unfortunately, but now that you have arrived we should start eating." The queen nodded to the waitstaff and they began to place food in front of the women. The first few minutes of breakfast were silent, except for the sound of silverware on porcelain.

The Queen wiped her mouth before addressing Sirobie. "What brings you to Wakanda my dear? I understand you are in school?"

"Yes ma'am. I am a film major, but I have a minor is African and African Diaspora studies. I am considering a masters degree in screenwriting and directing after I finish." Sirobie explained. "Do you plan on setting up your own production company?" The queen inquired. "I do, I have some friends on the business and marketing side of things. As well as some other amazingly talented creatives on board with the idea."

"You plan to work in LA?" Shuri's eyes lit up. "Maybe, maybe New York or Atlanta is a hot spot for movie production right now as well."

"You have to take me to all of the award shows when you win," Shuri smiled. "Of course, If I win."

"When," Shuri corrected before taking another bite of her food. "What of your family?"

"There really isn't much to say," Sirobie frowned. "We aren't very rich, I am at school on scholarship and I rarely see them because I can't afford to go home often. Or I am away like I am now."

"Have you spoken to them since you have been here?" the Queen asked. "I write letters weekly, but international calling is expensive."

"Mmm," Ramonda hummed. "Well my dear, we have a busy day ahead. Today we start training, and you will take over some of Kamyra's responsibilities. Simple paperwork, speaking requests, and attending council meetings. And we must find you a talent. We have yet to announce Kamyra's talent  formerly, so we will not be messing anything up. She will just be multi talented." The Queen spoke more to herself than Sirobie in the following moments. The doors to the dining room interrupted the queen as T'Challa strode into the room.