𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐂𝐊

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

Elliot walked Rylee and Morgan back to their room after they finished dinner. The two girls said their goodbyes to the older boy and watched him walk down the hall to meet up with Doug. As soon as her brother was out of sight, Rylee unlocked the door and she and Morgan went into their room. The first thing they did after closing the door was change into their pajamas then they began to get ready for bed. Once the two of them finished their nightly routines, they sat down on Morgan's bed and went through the playbook once again.

About an hour passed when the soft sound of snoring filled Rylee's ears. When she looked in the direction of the sound, she found Morgan in a deep sleep. A laugh passed over the Fitzherbert girl's lips as she placed the playbook on her desk and pulled the blanket over her best friend. Once her friend was taken care of, the blonde glanced over to her bed, knowing that she should probably get some sleep. Right as she was about to turn off the light and go to bed, her stomach quietly growled, making Rylee let out a long sigh. It wasn't long after that when she threw on her Auradon Prep hoodie and made her way down to the kitchen to find a quick snack before bed.

Once she got to the hallway that led to the kitchen, the Fitzherbert girl came to a sudden stop when she came face to face with Pete after he rounded the corner. The two of them just stared at each other for a long moment before he let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, uh, hey, Rylee," he muttered just loud enough for the girl to hear him as he rubbed the back of his neck, "how's it going?"

"'How's it going?' You have been avoiding me all week and all you have to say is 'how's it going?'" she questioned as anger began to build up inside her.

"What else am I supposed to say?" Pete questioned with a hint of annoyance in his voice as she stared down at the girl in front of him.

"For starters, you could tell me why you've been steering clear of me 24/7."

"It's not important."

"What is going on with you, Pete? You've been acting weird since Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos got here."

"You know what?! Just forget it! You wouldn't understand!" he shouted as a look of anger formed on his face, making Rylee take a small step away from him at his sudden outburst, "I'll see you at the game tomorrow."

A tornado of emotions hit the blonde princess as she watched him walk away until he was out of sight. An irritated sigh passed over her lips once he was gone while she tried to keep her tears from escaping. As soon as she calmed herself down to the best of her ability, Rylee opened the door to the kitchen to find Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos standing around the counter in the center of the room.