𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

It was the day after all the commotion at Family Day and Ben's coronation was finally here. After getting to the Auradon Cathedral by carriage, Rylee and Morgan entered the stone building. They walked through the crowd with their arms linked to meet their parents, who were talking to Adam and Belle. A few moments passed of them conversing with their families before the sound of trumpets cut through the air. After sending their parents and siblings one last smile, Rylee and Morgan followed the King and Queen out of the castle to greet Ben and Mal when they arrived.

Rylee's smile did nothing but grow at the sight of Ben taking Mal's hand into his own to help her down from their carriage. Everyone watched as the two of them walked up the stairs hand-in-hand before they stopped in front of Rylee, Morgan, Belle, and Adam. Once they finished greeting the two princesses, Mal turned towards Belle and Adam while trying to ignore the somewhat awkward silence surrounding them. "About the other day, I just..."

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy," Uncle Adam told the purple-haired girl after watching her pause to find the right words.

"You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself, even when it isn't easy," Ben stated as a smile slowly began to creep onto his face

"I did?" his dad questioned, causing his wife to hit his arm and grins make their way onto Rylee and Morgan's faces before Adam cleared his throat and continued speaking, "I...how very wise of me."

"Ben, we are very proud of you," Belle said as she took a few steps forward and reached forward to hold her son's hands in hers, "you keep listening to your heart."

"Thanks, Mom."

"You're gonna make a fine king," Adam told the smiling Ben as the former placed a hand on his son's shoulder.

After the royal finished having their moment, Adam held his arm out for Belle to take it before the two of them head back inside the cathedral. Rylee and Morgan watched the couple until they were out of sight before they turned back around to face their best friend, who still had the biggest smile plastered onto his face.

"Careful, Beasty. Your face might get stuck," Morgan mocked the brunette boy, only for him to roll his eyes at his biggest supporters before letting out a long sigh.

"Wish me luck," the soon-to-be king told them as he sent Rylee and Morgan one last smile then he placed a gentle kiss on Mal's hand.

The three girls did exactly that before they interlocked their arms and followed Ben's parents inside the stone building. Once they got to their places, the chorus started singing and the doors swung open to reveal the future king. The brunette boy just stood there for a long moment before he began to walk into the building. The crowd bowed as the Beast boy passed them until he reached his parents and Fairy Godmother. The royal family shared smiles with each other before Ben got down on his knees. Everyone watched as Fairy Godmother removed the crown from Adam's head before she gently placed it on his son's head.