Chapter 8- Percy

Hey guys
I can't tell you enough how sorry I am for posting this so late. As you know I did something and accidentally deleted my first copy of this chapter. I've just finished writing it  again and really just want to post it for all the people who are reading this story. Tomorrow I am going to do some editing of this chapter, so sorry if you find some mistakes, I am going to fix them don't worry 😂
In this chapter I also talk about Footy and primary school. I don't you if any of you will understand that. I'm from Australia and I suppose primary school is our version of elementary school in America. Year prep (year before grade 1) to year 6. Footy is an Australian game as well so ya. Thanks for all the people who have kept reading, as I said in the last post thanks so much for the comments and votes.
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

life in Elysium way lonely. Although it was said to be like heaven, Life felt meaningless down here. like there was nothing at all to live for, then again, I wasn't living was I. I'm sure without all my old friends and camp mates I would have gone mad by now. When other demigods saw me arrive in the underworld they gasped, their jaws dropping as they pointed me out to their friends. I don't know why they were so shocked, a 40-year-old Greek demigod with 3 kids and a wife should have been dead long ago. I suppose everyone believed that I was invincible or that I would have some sort of happy ending. but No demigods ever got a happy ending. Not if you lived is a monster proof camp, not if you trained your whole life, not even if you saved world. Me and annabeth had finally gotten used to the idea that a long happy life together with our family was possible, though we were always vigilant and never went anywhere without our weapons. but, I wasn't there to protect them anymore, not that annabeth couldn't do that, but who was going to have her back. what if a monster attacked her at our apartment shed be all alone. I could only hope that Annabeth and my little demigods would get a better ending than I did. On the other hand, the laughter echoing from Tartarus the day I died was audible throughout the whole underworld. Monsters obviously glad for the revenge and for me to feel the pain I had inflicted on so many of them for so many years. Both ways I was the talk of the underworld. As I walked from my beach house to get a cold lemonade, I heard two teenage girls gigging together "can you believe it That's Percy Jackson you know that guy who liked saved the world twice. apparently, he died for his son, trident in the chest or something. How brave". I don't know how they knew the details, I suppose between demigods, monsters, ghosts and spirits word gets around. I sat down on a deck chair on the warm sand and swirled water around my feet. how could I have done this to them. my kids were going to grow up just like I did, with only one parent. they might not even remember me. by the time I felt the hand go through my shoulder I was sobbing. I turned around to see a pale man with messy black hair, his face sorrowful and despairing. I threw my drink down letting it spill onto the sand and wrapped my arms around Nico, but they went straight through him. I jumped back as the same thought I'd been trying to come to terms with since I got here came back. I'm really dead "what am I going to do Nico, how are they" I asked, my voice hoarse and quiet even to my own ears, Nico shook his head "Perce they're sad, really sad we all are, you held camp together now it's like well, like people don't have hope". "what about Annie" I reply. "she's a mess, she needs you Percy" we need each other I interrupt. not only was I dead and gone from the land of the living, gone from everyone I know and love, just as they were morning the loss of me, I was mourning the loss of them. Elysium was certainly nothing like heaven, not when I'm here alone, without my family. their lives would go on, I'd miss my children growing up. Sel's first basketball game was just next week, Charlie would be starting school next year and Luke was going to graduate primary school, his school footy team made the grand final and he'd just asked me to teach him to skateboard. I wouldn't be able to do any of that now. I hung my head, I wasn't just going miss the little things, I was going to miss their whole lives. I mean Charlie was only five she wouldn't even remember me. Selina was eight and Luke was twelve, they were all so young. I don't know how much they would remember me but I knew Annabeth, Jason, piper, Leo, Hazel, Frank and everyone else back at camp would tell them. and of course, I would never, never forget them. Nico could bring me pictures and keep me up to date on everything that as going on as well as letting them know I would always love them. my spirit lifted when I remembered something. a few years ago, after we'd had a rather big attack outside camp, I'd written a letter to each of the kids and most of all to Annabeth just in case something did happen. although we'd settled down and started living our life instead of hoping, we were powerful demigods and there were many monsters that had come back from the depths of Tartarus surprised to find us still alive. "Nico" I asked my voice shaking "when you get back to camp tell Annabeth to go into the bottom of my sock draw". He just nodded but I could tell that he was confused, I'm sure he was wondering what was so special about a draw full of socks. "I'll make sure she gets the message and I will come back" Nico hesitated just a bit before saying "Perce, I'm really going to miss you mate" more tears left my eyes as Nico turned his head and walked away, trying to keep his sobbing to himself. Nico, I called out. he tuned, not bothering to wipe away this tear anymore "I love you man, tell everyone back home I love them to". As I watched Nico Di Angelo, the only living friend I would ever see again, walk back to the real world, were the sun wasn't fake, we're the weather changed and real flowers bloomed on Their own. We're people breathed and we're everyone I knew was waiting, crying out in despair because I could never join them. I could never come home. I didn't move, even after Nico was long gone, I stood in the same spot wondering if I would ever be truly happy again.

 I didn't move, even after Nico was long gone, I stood in the same spot wondering if I would ever be truly happy again

Charles Beckendorf

I raced around Elysium when I heard the news. I had been at the bowling alley when I overheard a group of people whispering excitedly. I almost started to cry. if Percy was here, I didn't want him to be alone. I abandoned my game and ran from house to house searching for any sign of my old friend. I'd almost given up hope, wondering if it was all just gossip and rumors when I saw a tall man with black hair standing alone by the beach. My heart sunk, it really was true. He looks so much older than when I last saw him. It had been 24 years but All the sadness in his eyes make him look so much older than he should be. It made me wonder how things had gone for him after the war, how they had worked out. I knew about the battle of Manhattan, that Kronos had been defeated and the prophecy for-filled. I'd watched as hundreds of demigods had joined me in the underworld, telling me stories of the massive battle. But how much did I really know about what had happened, I didn't even know at what level our mission on the princess andromeda had succeeded. "Percy" I called out. His head snapped in my direction at my voice. "Beckendorf is that you" his face lit up just a little bit. "Perce what happened man" percy's tears wet the sand at his feet, he obviously didn't care who saw him cry, not any more "I don't even really know, I-it all happened so fast, one minute we were going to get ice cream the next I was dying back at camp. It was my son, Luke he-he tried to help me and Annabeth fight Polibities, I-I saved him but I don't know what to do without him and Annabeth or our two little girls". At the mention of his family Percy broke down all over again, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. That made it so much worse, Percy had married Annabeth and he had three kids, how he'd left them all behind never to see them again. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore, seeing Percy so deeply sad made my heart break. I'd had Selina a few weeks after I had died and that was tough enough, Percy wasn't going to have anyone. Selina and I as well as all the old camp kids who new Percy would be here for him, but I knew it would never be the same as being with his true family. "Come on perce lets go back to my house we can get some pizza" I turned around and Beckoned him to follow me.

We said on the deck outside my house, overlooking the ocean. Percy has told me all the details of the battle of Manhattan and the war with Gaia. about how he and Annabeth has gotten together and about how the rest of the campers were going. He told me how he and Annabeth had names their children after me and Selina, told me about the Hephaestus cabin and his friend Leo who had fixed a giant bronze dragon and was now the head counsellor, about Chiron and Mr D. It made me home sick all over again. Even though my death was many years ago, the pain never went away, it only ever got easier to bear. Elysium was meant to be heaven for good people, and demigods who died in battle. But I knew everyone here would tell you it just felt like a luxurious prison. What was the point of having giant pools and game rooms, bowling ally's and all you can eat buffets if you didn't have someone to share it with. Everyone you knew was separated from you, never to be seen again and although it looked pretty realistic none of the nature felt quiet so real and beautiful as it did up there. As Percy and I ate pizza staring out to sea I remembered what living was like. What it was like to breath and feel life and warm blood in your cheeks. I thought about how much I missed home.

Ok guys stay tuned for chapter 9 🥳🥳🥳
I'll try not to delete it this time 😂😂