Chapter Twelve

Amy had been to get some more packing boxes, she'd had a phone call earlier to say that the investigation into Ty and 19 other Vets was gaining momentum but they were still looking for them.
She got Lyndy out of her truck and her bag then pushed the button to lock it.
Amy went up the Loft locking her front door ,checked Lyndy who was still clean and put her in her bouncy chair. She put fresh coffee on and got the other half of what she cooked yesterday out the fridge and put it in the oven. She then heard Mitch in the Barn so quickly ran down and asked him if he had a minute to spare before leaving and just ring the bell so she can unlock the door. 

After about ten minutes the bell rang and Amy checked to make sure it was Mitch then pressed the release button.
Mitch walked up after shutting the door, "You okay Amy".
"Yeah fine, just wondering if you could give me an hour tomorrow to move some stuff into my Trailer. ".
"Yeah no problem, what is it rubbish".
"Ha ha ha, No, I'm moving.  After all the crap I've been going through since I was 15 and now even more since Ty went missing, I've had enough".
"Oh wow, sorry Amy, I thought you had plans to build on your Land ".
"Yep, so did I, till Grandpa said he didn't want me to build my own Ranch on it, but it was fine for Lou to build her Dude Ranch".
"Well that doesn't sound right to me, where you going".
"Okatoks ".
Amy shows Mitch her photos of the Ranch.
"Oh wow Amy that looks fantastic ".
"It is, so if you ever want to change jobs or get fed up of this place, come work for me mitch".
"May well do Amy".
"Hows things with you and Lou".
"Ahh, that I think is a dead end for me Amy, I didn't really think it would go anywhere to be honest.
"Oh, I thought you guys were okay".
"Well I'm really sorry if this sounds familiar but she's been in touch with Nicole and the've come up with this Idea to build a Maggie's in New York and she's off tomorrow for 2 or 4 weeks,  I told her that I can't have a relationship where she's going back and forth for weeks or months at a time, I want a family life and then she dropped the bomb, says she's decided she doesn't want any more kids,  I mean I'd love to have a kid ya know, it's okay for Lou she has Katie and she adopted Georgie, so where does that leave me. I told her she was being selfish and was more interested in playing business woman, Think she was expecting me to just wait here for whenever she could get back home, so I finished it with her, I told her I want a wife who is at home, I dont mean a housewife but someone who stays local, works and really wants kids.".
"Well I meant what I said about my place and work. You have my number".
"Sure, what Time tomorrow".
"Let's leave it till after Lou's gone tomorrow,  is that okay".
"That would be better Amy as it's my day off".
"Okay see you tomorrow Mitch about 11am okay".
"Yep, see ya tomorrow ".

Amy was drinking her coffee, its  been 7 months since Ty disappeared but it was getting a little easier every day.
She thought about it and she loved Ty so much but it was the Betrayal of him abandoning her and their child that hurt more than anything else.
Then she wondered if Caleb must feel bad about whatever he said because she hasn't seen him since Ty disappeared. He hasn't even been round looking for work.

Amy grabs Lyndy and decides she can't avoid Lou any longer and makes her way over to the Ranch House.
"Morning Lou, Grampa, any fresh coffee ".
"Morning Amy".says Jack.
Nothing from Lou.!!
"Morning Lou" Amy says again.
"Morning".
Better than nothing Amy thought to herself.
"So Amy, what's that monstrous thing in the yard for, you already have a Truck and Trailer".
"Well first of all it's not monstrous   I've rented it to help me with moving on Saturday ".
"Saturday!!!! " says Lou.
"Yep, Mitch is going to give me a hand loading most of it tomorrow except for my bed and were driving the trucks over, then on Saturday we will take everything else plus Spartan and Harley".

"I honestly thought you'd build a house on that land".
"I don't see the point Grampa, the Barn will always be too small and I'm fed up of Dad stalking me and interfering in my life.  2 days ago he turned up and started banging the door, even though I put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door.  He woke me up and frightened the hell out of Lyndy, took me an hour to get her to calm down. Had to call the RCMP on him again,  so I'm moving away,
I got myself a 700 acre Horse Ranch for a bargain including 100 thoughroubreds ".
Wait for the excitement!!!
Nothing.
"Thanks for not paying  me what you owe me for all those trail rides I did for you Lou considering you kept all the money for yourself
Wait for the enthusiasm!!!!!.
Nothing,  boy this is hard work.
"Well it's a shame I wont be here on Saturday when you leave ". Says Jack.
"Oh that's a shame grampa, at least I'll have Lou and the Girls here to wave me off".
Amy knew she wouldn't be and was waiting for her to say something.
But she said nothing and if Grampa and Lisa weren't going to be here who was looking after the girls,  bet she was going to ask me Amy thought to herself.
Amy decided to be a little off and,
"Well me and Lyndy need to get some work done so we'll leave you to this riveting conversation , Byee,".

To be continued