Chapter 1

~*~

It had been a few days since the school year began. The bell had rung for recess, allowing the entire school to play among the playgrounds. Normally, you would be wandering about the field or sitting on a bench being a wallflower, but you offered Emil company since he was still unfamiliar with the school grounds. He accepted your offer and followed you down to the playgrounds.

Emil remained quiet, but he is beginning to slowly open up to you. Especially since you're practically the only one that makes an effort to talk to him without annoying him.

You and Emil sat on a bench far away from the rest of the kids. They were either running in a game of tag, playing in the basketball court, or amusing themselves on the colorful playground itself. You weren't the type to be a part of those activities. Not like you had the company before to do so anyway. However, having Emil around was a nice change.

"So," you said, turning to Emil. "Where exactly are you from, Emil?"

"I am from the northern part of Europe," he mumbled. Your eyes widened in fascination.

"Really?" You beamed. "That's sounds so cool! What country did you come from?"

Emil looked up to your excited expression. He didn't expect someone to find him that interesting at all.

"Well," he said. "I was born in Iceland, but I lived in Norway with my family for a while. We just moved here during the summer, so now I live here."

Emil caught a glimpse of your curious gaze. Your (e/c) glistening in awe as the corners of your lips were curled into a grin. He immediately tore his gaze away from yours, his face becoming flushed.

"That sounds amazing!" You exclaimed. "Do you have any siblings in your family?"

"I do have an older brother," he grumbled under his breath. "He goes to school here with us, but he's two grades higher than us."

"I see," you nodded. "Do you think he's around here?"

"I don't think so." Emil huffed. "I hope he's not though--"

"There you are, lillebror," an unfamiliar voice interrupted.

The duo darted their eyes to a slender figure right in front of them. He looked very similar to Emil but taller. His eyes were a dull navy blue shade, and his hair was more of a light blonde tint. The left part of his hair was pinned with a cross-shaped pin. You thought you saw a curl near the ends of his locks that happen to be floating, but that must have been your imagination. He wore clothing similar to Emil's, but instead, he wore a thin steel blue sweater, tan trousers, and dress shoes. His gaze bored at the two of you.

"I see you have made a new friend," he said monotonously, directing his attention to you.

Emil averted his gaze to the ground, huffing in embarrassment now that he's in the presence of his older brother. You shuffled awkwardly in your seat.

"Hello." You gave a slight wave. "Are you Emil's older brother?"

The light blonde nodded, "Ja, that is right."

He extended his hand towards you. "I'm Lukas, Lukas Bondevik."

You took his hand and shook it with a smile. "(Y/N). It's nice to meet you, Lukas."

"Nice to meet you too (Y/N)," Lukas greeted. "Now tell me, how did you know that I am Emil's older brother?"

"Actually, we were just talking about you," you replied. Lukas tilted his head in curiosity.