Chapter 6

~*~

This chapter is in honor of my late cousin-in-law.

~*~

*DING*

You groaned at the sudden buzz of your phone. Who would be texting you at such an early hour?

Maybe you can ignore it and continue to sleep, just for a few minutes.

.

..

...

Zzz...

*DING*

"Ugh, who the heck is texting me?"

Your hand slowly shuffled towards your nightstand and dragged your cell phone across the bed. Hitting the power button, you flinched at the sudden brightness of your screen. You rubbed your eyes and focused on the text notification.

[06:10] "Good morning (Y/N)!"

[06:10] "We should meet up at

                 school together!"

'Tino...'

You momentarily dropped your phone beside your pillow to stretch out your stiff limbs. You emitted a long squeal, gradually morphing into an inaudible yawn, and sprawled across your bed.

After a good five minutes, you were unsuccessful in getting a second snooze in. Ripping your eyelids open, you stretched one last time before unlocking your phone to reply to your new friend.

[06:16] "Morning, Tino, and

yeah I'm down for that."

Crawling out of your bed, you proceeded on with your morning routine. You changed into a set of dark blue jeans, a black tank top, and a(n) (f/c) flannel. Shuffling toward the bathroom, you attended to your hygiene.

*DING*

As you were brushing your teeth, your screen lit up. You skimmed through the message.

[06:20] "That is so great!

                 I cannot wait :)"

You chuckled. 'Tino is such an adorable bean.'

After you finished your morning routine, you grabbed your backpack and made your way down to the kitchen.

The house was silent. Your mother had left for work early, but your father was still sleeping upstairs. You did your best to keep the noise to a minimum. You grabbed a snack bar, shuffled your shoes on, and snuck through the door without a peep.

As soon as your feet greeted the pavement, another 'ding'  runged from your phone. You checked and found a message from Emil.

[06:35] "hey you heading

                 out soon?"

[06:35] "Already walking

down there"

It didn't take long for you to reach the intersection. Usually, Emil would meet up with you at the crosswalk, but this time you had to wait for him. Luckily, it did not take long as you spotted Emil strolling across the street.

"You're early," Emil points out, as the two of you began walking down the street en route to school.

"I wouldn't be if somebody didn't text me so early," you drawled, causing Emil to whip his head in defense.