ϟ ONE: UNFAMILLIARITY

+++

+++

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

"Another day at the office," uttered Levene. Moira sat to his right, looking through her binoculars. Diana sat at the back seat, silent. Her eyes flick from the window to Moira as she put down her binoculars, her brows knitted together. Diana had been assigned to join this particular mission, mainly to act as backup in case anything goes south.

"Is that Colonel Hendry?" She asked in disbelief.

"The NATO guy?" Levene replied, and Diana raised an eyebrow. She leaned forward when Levene took the binoculars only to confirm Moira's suspicions. Diana took a turn for the binoculars only to see the same sight they had, she put it down.

"This can't be right, check out the people he's with." Diana said, passing the binoculars to Levene again who had his hand reached out.

"That's three mob bosses, the Italian ambassador, and the CEO of Lockheed." The both of them looked in the direction of the entrance of the club.

"They can't all be Communists. This Hellfire Club, it's got to be something else." Moira stated.

"What do you suggest we do now? We can't just walk in there, it's a cesspool of power hungry men." She turned to Moira, ignoring Levene's remarks to the dancers that had just arrived. Saying nothing, Moira began to strip.

"Wait— Do not go in there, I can't follow you if you go inside," Diana warned, glaring at the other woman. As she stripped down to her lingerie, Levene turned and jumped in his seat.

"There's no other way, he might get away and we need at least some information on him." She stated.

"What are you doing?!" Levene said as Moira threw her clothes to the back seat, beside Diana.

"Using some equipment the CIA didn't give me. Stay put." With that she got out of the car without much of a word. Diana leaned back in her seat, letting out a big sigh as Levene let out a breath too.

"I can't believe this," he muttered.

"Now we wait, I guess."

After what seemed like forever, Moira came rushing out of the club and into the car. Picking up the phone, she dialled a number. Levene and Diana sat back, watching Moira panic and not having a single clue as to what's happening. She mentioned mutants, a woman turning to diamonds, a man vanishing from one place to another, it seemed like utter nonsense to the average person.

Diana sat there, tense, she didn't know that there were others out there like her. It was hard to believe, all the things that they were able to do seemed impossible. A part of her believed that what Moira saw was not far from the truth, but she still struggled to wrap her head around this. So Diana sat back and said nothing.