Jo.

"Thanks." I tell Scooter as I search through his phone for a good song. Deciding to listen to Usher's new album I haven't heard yet, I put on his noise-canceling earphones, hoping they were worth the huge penny he paid for them. I turn the volume all the way up.

My mom fits her hand in mine, nodding to the officer at the front of us. There were apparently so many paparazzi reinforcements had to be called and now a whole squadron was here.

I try not to think about it, making sure my hat was at its lowest and the hood of my zipped over-my-mouth coat covered it. I focus on the lyrics of Usher's song. Taking one final deep breath before the door was opened in front of us. I could hear the screams as after a moment of them recognizing me. I keep my eyes straight, walking between the officers. I strain my ears trying to hear the lyrics.

"Justin how was your year in the crazy house?"

I let one slip, and my mom could tell because her grip on my hand tightened.

"What kind of medications are you on?" a man eggs me on.

I clench my teeth. They want this so bad, and I can't give it to them. I will literally be dragged back into that fucking institution for another year, or who knows how long this time actually.

Moving Mountains by Usher comes on and I focus the next twenty feet in the snow on the lyrics I know.

I get into the car, my mother and Scooter in the front, me alone in the backseat. My mom taps me and I take the headphones out, upset that I can still hear them yelling outside my window. Scooter pulls out quickly, not even caring about the paparazzi in front of the car. He looked like HE wanted to hit them.

"Baby you did so good." My mom applauds, like I was at a peewee baseball game and we won.

"Thanks," I mutter.

"Are you ready to go home?" she excites.

I nod, looking out the window. Until my mind clicks. I had no contact to the outside world.

"Uh Mom... Is it Scooter's home too now?" I ask hesitantly.

Her and Scooter share surprised looks. "No, sweetie. But if you need it to be, it can. If it's okay with him."

"Anything he needs. You need me at your house kid?" Scooter asks.

"No. I was just asking if you guys were..." I trail, knowing they would understand.

"We are together for you. Not that way. He is here for you just like me, and your Dad." my mom explains.

"Oh," I say, not feeling any sort of way about that. If they were, it'd be fine. That they aren't is fine too.

A silence ripples through the air, and Scooter clicks the radio to end it. The music that played seemed to shock him and my mom and is turned off immediately.

"Play it," I gripe. They were acting as if they were walking on thin ice with me.

My mom looks to Scooter. "We shouldn't throw all of this on him in one day." Scooter warns.

"So let him find out later when he is not as controlled?"

Oh my god. Reaching towards the front I click on the radio myself.

"Now he is broke and I am so strong. That's what he gets for doing me wrong. This is my revenge song."

Scooter turns it off.

"That girl is so annoying," my mom snaps.

They both look at me hesitantly for a second, but I was frozen. I had instantly known the voice's owner. How could Selena write that? Sing it?

"She's gotten a lot bigger in the business in the year," Scooter frowns.

"Because she is exploiting my son," Pattie scoffs.

I still couldn't form a coherent sentence to calm them both. I was happy when we pulled into the driveway and I could rush into the house and up to my room. I didn't want to think about it and I know exactly how to distract myself.

"Justin wait!" my mom exclaims, but I just needed to be back alone in my cement room. Punching the wall, feeling the skin over my knuckles crack. This drywall will do shit for me, but I will take what I can get. Once I get to my room, I slam my door and punch the wall beside it, causing a hole.

"Hey!" someone yells. Who the hell is in my room?

"Get out." I say, facing my wall.

I don't want to look at whoever it is. They would see my wild untamed manner and back to the prison I'd go.

"Justin?" the voice says quietly.

It was unfamiliar, which sparked my curiosity as to who the hell was in my house. I turn to see a girl, a unrecognized girl. My eyes grow wide at her beauty. She was thick, in a good way, with long, brunette, wavy hair. He chocolate eyes met mine as if she knew me. I snap out of it, my anger coursing through my veins again.

"Who are you?" I demand.

"Jo, um I've been staying with your mom.." she shifts uncomfortably on her feet.

"Jo? What kind of name is that for a girl?" I sneer.

"Well it's Jo Anna, but I prefer Jo because-"

"Get out." I interrupt. I know I was being rude, but she'd rather this than me shoving her out my....

I look around. Bras and female clothes were scattered across the room. She notices my scanning.

"I'll clean it up and move to another room," she quietly says.

I see that there were posters of me covering the rest of the holes from years ago. I see the new bed. This isn't my room. This isn't my white walls and cot.

"Whatever. Stay here. This room has always been toxic for me anyway," I sigh, leaving the room with the slam of the door. And I swear I hear the girl inside start crying. Damn.