Tension Rising

Jo's POV

"Hey," Petie smiles when I answer the door.

"Hey, I am not completely ready." I huff, taking his hand and going upstairs to my... Justin's... the room.

I let Petie make himself comfortable as I get ready to leave. I wanted to give Pattie and Justin the house to talk or whatever.

"Hey, so Paige is going to meet us at the mall." Petie says as I grab my clothes to go take a shower.

"Why?" I gripe.

"Don't be that way," he tells me, taking my hand in his.

"Don't be that way? You always invite this girl to hangout with us, and every time I feel like I'm the third wheel," I demand. Paige is his best friend and he acts as if she isn't completely in love with him. Petie is super smart and there is no way he is that oblivious.

"Well talking to her wouldn't hurt! Talking at all when she is around wouldn't hurt!" he demands.

"Seriously? It's my fault? How about you not flirt with her in front of me? You're MY boyfriend." I scoff, rolling my eyes. We've had this argument a thousand times, and each time he's stood up for her and blamed me.

He opens his mouth, to defend her surely when Justin opens the door, surprised to see the two of us.

"Sorry. My mom said you had left.." he coughs.

"Need something?" I question.

"Just clothes, but l can wait. I'd like to use that shower." He points to the connecting bathroom.

"Are you guys leaving?" I question.

"Going to see my Dad." he states.

That gives me an idea...

"Well you can shower. I'm staying in today." I smirk.

"No, you're not." Petie sterns.

"Yes, I am." I mock.

"Dammit Jo. You're so goddamned frustrating, you know." Petie hisses.

Justin chuckles. I ignore Petie as I walk out the room, but not before I question Justin. "Are you laughing at me?" I gripe.

He shakes his head, "For you."

And this is the reason I hate guys. I storm out knowing Petie wasn't far behind with his scolding.

.................

Justin's POV

I have missed my shower. It's ability to get so hot that it almost burns, but in a good way has been something I longed for. Not to mention, it's a rain shower that I paid thousands for.

I know it's probably the reason Jo decided to sleep in my room instead of a guest room.

Jo... Who was that guy with her? Her boyfriend? I knew they were in there. I saw them pass by me going upstairs into this room. I heard them arguing and I got curious as to who he was. I meant to ask, but I didn't want her to think I cared so I made up a legitimate lie about why I was up here.

Why do I care?

Wait... I care?

Growling, I roll my eyes. That girl is frustrating. I agree with her friend there which is why I laughed. She had me up all night trying to figure out what she meant by saying she was crying for me. My only conclusion is that she was crying because she took my heartlessness to heart and it hurt her feelings.

I want to forget her, so I mentally note to apologize again. I don't want to owe her anything.

I scrub my scalp with shampoo as to erase her from my brain. The last thing I need is to be thinking about her banging body while I'm naked.... Her body was banging though. I haven't seen girls bigger than toothpicks from drug use or non Gale's in a while, but I remember how normal girls look. In comparison to normal girls, Jo was a solid nine. The fact that she is so frustrating brings her down from her otherwise ten.